Good field placings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good field placings

Anyone got any good user defined fields. I always use default fields but the other team always scores really quick eg. In a test match sri lanka scored at about 6 an over for the whole match. Screenshots would be good so I could see where to put fielders. Thanks

[QUOTE=Jonesy549;19871]Anyone got any good user defined fields. I always use default fields but the other team always scores really quick eg. In a test match sri lanka scored at about 6 an over for the whole match. Screenshots would be good so I could see where to put fielders. Thanks[/QUOT E]

For example if your opponent player have strong offside and front foot preference then bowl him on backfoot and on legside and set most of fielding on leg side so as to avoid too much score. In short field placing opposite to the batsman preference.

Comment

[QUOTE=Batista_Bomb;19872]
      Originally posted by Jonesy549 View Post
      Anyone got any good user defined fields. I always use default fields but the other team always scores really quick eg. In a test match sri lanka scored at about 6 an over for the whole match. Screenshots would be good so I could see where to put fielders. Thanks[/QUOT E]

For example if your opponent player have strong offside and front foot preference then bowl him on backfoot and on legside and set most of fielding on leg side so as to avoid too much score. In short field placing opposite to the batsman preference.
      I agree that loading the field on the same side that the opposition batsmen favours, but in regards to bowling a full-length delivery at a batsman who habitually plays off his front foot - would the opposite case also be true ? ie: Would you bowl short of a length to a batsman who plays off his back foot ? The latter delivery would just sit up nicely for a back foot batsman & be clubbed away to the boundary wouldn't it ?

Comment

Firstly yes as you don't want to bowl full to a batsman that likes the front foot, you also don't want to bowl short to a batsman that likes the back foot.
        Secondly to come up with custom fields I find that if you start with the pre-set fields and then change them according to where the batsmen are hitting is a good technique, then when you are happy with a field you can save it for future use (I often save them according to side and length).

Attached is an image of a field I use in power plays when a slow left-arm is bowling to a batsmen's leg-side. So if the batsmen likes hitting to the offside and it's a power play I use this field as it obeys the fielding restrictions, covers the leg-side well (which is where I am bowling to), limits singles and often encourages run-outs.

Rinse and repeat as necessary and remember to always look to where a batsmen is hitting and tweak fields when you need to.

Hope this helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X