3 drops in t20.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 drops in t20.

Grr. Is there really nothing that can be done about this? I find that most of my drops are coming at 1st/2nd slip, which makes sense since that's where the opportunities are. Except... they drop a lot of catches. I haven't stopped to calculate, but I may take notes next season to check the catch rates. It seems very low. Same problem to some degree in other formats.

Yea I have the same problem. I played a few seasons and got a squad of players that I am really happy with and would like to play online with - the only problem being that it appears none of them, barring the 'keeper, can catch.

When you set fields I am fairly certain that the fielders are numbered in terms of their fielding skill level so I think it is best to put numbers 1,2,3 etc in the key catching positions. The only advice I could offer would be to try and play as many 'keeper-batsmen as you can in your XI as their catching ratings are very high so they are a lot more effective in the slips.
    Last edited by bryce87; 09-17-2011, 03:02 AM.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Is that right with the numbers? I never knew that, thanks! Although now you say it, whenever I pick two keeper-batsmen, the one not keeping is usually at 1.
      My only query would be that some player's fielding abilities obviously aren't too accurate, as in my current game England's Number 1 is Jonathan Trott, and Ian Bell is Number 6 :/

Comment

I always assumed that was true about the numbers, and it seems to make some sense since generally speaking bowlers are out fielding on the boundaries.

I actually have a young keeper-batsman (regen) who I'm bringing in, but right now he seems to field anywhere between 5 and 8 depending on the lineup. I figured he would be straight to first slip, but it doesn't seem to have worked that way.

Comment

That's true... But I keep finding oddities that make me doubt it :/
          Jim Troughton down at Number 8 for Warwickshire, when he's one of the best fielders in the County game on his day. And Jonny Bairstow being a worse fielder than Scott Borthwick.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
            Yea I have the same problem. I played a few seasons and got a squad of players that I am really happy with and would like to play online with - the only problem being that it appears none of them, barring the 'keeper, can catch.

When you set fields I am fairly certain that the fielders are numbered in terms of their fielding skill level so I think it is best to put numbers 1,2,3 etc in the key catching positions. The only advice I could offer would be to try and play as many 'keeper-batsmen as you can in your XI as their catching ratings are very high so they are a lot more effective in the slips.
            My keeper drops as many as the slips do >_<

Comment

Working...
            X