Defensive Batting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive Batting

I've been playing ICC for a few years now, off and on. One thing that bugs me is that the AI seems to be able to block for eternity, but my batsmen won't bat defensively even with no aggression bars.

For example; I've just been hammered trying to bat out 2 sessions - 2 of my middle order had identical consecutive overs of "0 0 4 4 4 W" (on zero aggression bars). Doesn't seem very defensive to me! The whole team was out playing big shots.

Does this seem usual? Should I just put up and shut up? :-)

Batting defensively didn't seem to work that well for me either if it's any consolation.

Comment

You're not wrong mate, this happens to me too. It is quite annoying that can I can have two random average players bat out almost a whole day, yet my players can't get through a a session or two on full defensive! But I think a player's preferences probably come into it - e.g. if a player has 'very aggressive' as his trait, his lowest defensive probably equates to a normal setting on a defensive player. Whilst I agree with you, looks like we just have to cop this one!

Comment

Working...
      X