Changing of Player's Roles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing of Player's Roles

Hi there players of ICC2011 - Fairly new player, first time poster.

I had a question about the roles of players within the game, and how they can evolve throughout progression in a career.
    If you have a player who is considered purely a batsman, but is also a fairly capable bowler (lets take Ravi Bopara as an example in this game), and you bowled him regularly in addition to a lot of bowling coaching, could his picture (and therefore classification) change to that of an All Rounder rather than just a Batsman? The same with bowlers improving at batting of course.

I think this would be a useful ability, take the way Stuart Broad has matured as a batsman over the last year, meaning he was a Bowler in ICC2010 and an All Rounder in this edition.

Hope someone can help, happy playing

Sorry to say no, it doesn't matter how much you train someone in a role that isn't theirs, they won't change. Would be a decent feature to have though eventually as it does happen often, look at KP.

Comment

Ah ok mate, thanks anyway.
      Very good point, bowler & lower order smasher to number 4 bat. Could easily happen to others, would be something clever to have!

Comment

It's a great idea and I think it's something that we'd love to implement, but the work behind it would be seriously tough and difficult to get right. I think there's more important things to introduce to the game before we did something like this, but I'd definitely like to see it happening in a few years time.

Comment

Ha, very good point I suppose! I know it's only a little thing really, guess I'm just the kind of geek that likes that sort of thing :P
          Kudos on a brilliant game is all I can say!

Comment

Working...
          X