Fan Project : Stat Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Project : Stat Engine

This is the first version of my project.

If there is enough interest and this is what the fans want, I will continue working on it and adding new features.

How the project works
    There is two applications in the project
    1. "ImportScoreCards.exe" - which is a windows service that checks the save game directory (as specified by the User) for any .txt files and then imports the files to a database. Only files in which you team (also specified by the User) has played will be imported.
    2. "StatsBrowser.exe" - which is a front end browser for the database and this is also the application in which the configuration is done.

Features

1. Only works with International Career (For Now)
    2. Automatically Imports Scorecards
    3. Save all bowling Records
    4. Save all batting records.
    5. Filters :
    a. Year
    b. Opposition
    c. Game Type (Test\ODI\T20I\4Day\OD\T20)

Know Issues
    1. Players with the same surname and same first letter of the name (e.g. Darren Bravo and Dwayne Bravo), cannot be imported
    2. 5 Wicket hauls are not display.

Do To in Next Version(s)
    1. Add Home\Away Stats Filter
    2. Add Team Records (Win Ratio, High Scores)
    3. Find a way to calculate partnerships
    4. Ability saving of State\County Saves
    5. Ability to backup and restore databases
    6. Batting Hand, Bowling Style and Keeping so you can compare the best players in each position

Please download and let me know what you think.

E-mail suggestions to : Blade007@vodamail.co.za
    Last edited by Blade007; 09-03-2011, 08:17 AM.

When I try and run Install.bat i get the following:
    Attached Files

Comment

It seem that there is a access right issue on the PC. The batch files tries to copy files to "c:\Program Files\IccScoreCardImport\" and gets a "Access Denied" according to the screen dump.

Are you a administrator on the PC?

Comment

Yes, and I also tried running it as administrator.

Comment

Sorry for the issue.

I Will release a new package later today in with the user can select the install location.

Comment

Ok have downloaded and installed fine but it doesn't seem to be importing the scorecards I already have saved. Have told it the correct directory and all or does it just save new scorecards as I play meaning I don't need to save them anymore?

Comment

Great work Blade!

Will have a test mid September ( when I've finished the mountain of work that's piled up)
              The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I sent you an email with ideas on it.

But I cannot run the scorecard importer I have tried it on Windows 7 and then XP its not running at all even on administrator and windows compatibility.

Comment

@bnd3 - Please download the new installer and see if that solves the problem.

Originally posted by cardassian View Post
                  Ok have downloaded and installed fine but it doesn't seem to be importing the scorecards I already have saved. Have told it the correct directory and all or does it just save new scorecards as I play meaning I don't need to save them anymore?
                  Is the service started (File -> Setting -> start)?

Originally posted by Mermaidman View Post
                  I sent you an email with ideas on it.

But I cannot run the scorecard importer I have tried it on Windows 7 and then XP its not running at all even on administrator and windows compatibility.
                  Thanx, the ideas have been added to the "To Do" list.
                  What problem are you getting when trying it?
                  Last edited by Blade007; 09-02-2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I have updated the first post with a "How the Project works" section and also changed the link to a "Windows" installer version of the project in which the user can select the install directory.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade007 View Post
                      @bnd3 - Please download the new installer and see if that solves the problem.

Thanx, the ideas have been added to the "To Do" list.
                      What problem are you getting when trying it?
                      The import scorecard feature is not loading...

do you just click on that (and it just blinks on) when you get a scorecard saved?

Comment

Originally posted by Mermaidman View Post
                        The import scorecard feature is not loading...

do you just click on that (and it just blinks on) when you get a scorecard saved?
                        The cycle runs every 60 seconds and then imports all the files in the directory, if it is for your team.

Comment

When saving a scorecard as a text file, is it only possible to save one innings at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
                            When saving a scorecard as a text file, is it only possible to save one innings at a time?
                            Unfortunately yes, that is how the Childish Things developer team created the "save" feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade007 View Post
                              Sorry for the delay replying, i went away for a few days.

yes the service is started but I can't seem to save the game directory and it keeps changing it to a different folder which may be causing the problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X