Manual Field Placing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Field Placing

I have to admit i have never seen some of the wierdest field placings in this game... Can we not have a restriction on the no of fielders one can place on either side of the wicket... like a maximum of 5 on the leg or a max of 6 on off... some of the online teams have the shittiest placings ever, its just not cricket...

You've never seen 8-1 off side fields in real life? A blight on the game and the bane of fast scoring cricket, but unfortunately, perfectly legal. Laws for field placings only cover the 2 behind Square leg to prevent 'bodyline' style bowling and limited over fielding restrictions.

Comment

i agree there is no rule... but this should be limited in the game...

Comment

What format is this for on-line?

Comment

2020s i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
            What format is this for on-line?
            hi Sureshot I have already posted this in bug thread with screenshot unable score Fast
            even with full aggression
            That's online 20-20 , AI never sets such type of fielding thus in online
            we face problem

Please look into this issue
            Last edited by cricfan1; 08-26-2011, 06:42 PM.
            After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
            Is my Next Dream

Comment

This is what im talking about... Check out the field placing in an online game... Some sort of a restriction needs to be put in place.
              Attached Files

Comment

In real life, such fields aren't used due to the difficulty of bowling to such fields; bowl too wide and it would be called a wide, while veering the ball even to just outside off stump will make the batsman move over and pull it to the leg side, knowing nobody will be there to stop it (or catch it).

So rather than enforce a field restriction in game that doesn't exist in real life, program the AI batsman into thinking "hold on, there's nobody on the leg side here. I'll just bat a few inches outside off stump instead of batting on off stump." That way, these fields will soon go out of favour.
                My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

Bump. Played online and almost everyone uses like 8-1 offside fields and you cannot score off it.
                  YouTube
                  Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  X