Icc2011 help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icc2011 help!

OK, so I bought ICC2011 through the site and am loving it, especially seeing that I can be Zimbabwe once again after years of not being able to control them, excellent, also the addition of the records screens for ODI and T20 also is sweet.

Even though I've been playing this series of game for years now, I still have some questions.

With coaching, what exactly do you use? Do you give a player a certain theme of coaching when at a certain age or around a certain age? Do you give them coaching against spin or pace bowling or front or back foot batting, what about bowling?

Also, with the field settings, when you start a match, say a 4/5 day match, which setting do you start with? when do you change the setting? do you set you're field up to the weakness of the batsman? say you set a off side short bowling field for someone who prefers a leg side and pitched up delivery?

Also when batting, how many bars do you start on? for 1 day matches and 4/5 day matches? when do you move them up or down?

Also, I have been seeing this talk about using the game as an admin, what exactly does this mean?
    South African Supporter in Australia

With technique training, try to give training to younger players, but also share it around the side a little (i.e. don't concentrate entirely on a few players).

For batsman, concentrate your technique coaching on the batsman's weakness. For example, if the batman prefers to play back foot shots, choose front foot techniques. Then it will make it harder for the opposition to set fields if the batsman has fewer weaknesses.

For bowlers, you have to look at their stats. If their Econ Rate (runs per over) is high, choose Defensive bowling technique. If their Bowling Strike rate (balls per wicket - you'll have to work this out yourself) is high, choose Offensive bowling technique. If both figures are not very good, choose Accuracy.

for FC/Test matches, it depends on the situation. In general, five aggression bars for bowlers is a good start when a new batsman is in. If the batsman get about 10 runs, knock the aggression down to four, and if the batsman gets another 20, knock it down again to three. Knock aggression up one bar after every break too. Generally bowl to the batsman's weakness (e.g. bowl full for batsman who prefers the back foot) but also occasionally mix it up a bit or the batsman will know what's coming.

When batting, always start at two aggression bars to start with. When the batsman gets more settled (about 30%-40%), move up to three. When a part time bowler comes on, move up to four. When you are in control of the match and want to build a big lead (and the field starts to get defensive), I would also go to four aggression bars, maybe even five. If aren't going to win and are batting for the draw, don't have any aggression bars at all.

I hope this answers some of your questions.
    My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

Yea that's excellent mate cheers, Yea in the Tests I start my batsmen on 1 bar & move them onto 2 or 3 once they reach 30 runs, if they are scoring runs with ease I'll leave the bar as is as I don't want to be too aggressive & lose a wicket. In ODI matches I'll start a batsman on 4 bars & move it up 1 if they seem to be scoring freely. Bowling, I set an aggressive field with the new cherry, then go more defensive once they seem settled & bowl to they're weaknesses, doesn't always work though, especially as Zimbabwe.

Comment

can anyone else please confirm/put their take on bowling techinque training?

batting technique seems pretty self explanatory. but bowling is a little confusing?

do i give a young bowler defensive bowling training if say he is primarily a one day bowler and therefore would hardly be bowling aggressively anyway?

how do i decide to give a bowler accuracy technique training??? is this purely related to economy rate? or is that defensive bowling?

Comment

Yea I wouldn't mind knowing this also because I'm still not too sure about it all.

Comment

I think the conclusion we came up with when this was discussed before was that accuracy was going to affect how well a bowler executed your plans (Leg side, yorkers, so on) and aggressive and defensive affected strike rate and economy respectively.

Comment

It certainly would be a lot better if the game had a bowling strike rate field. It would make it a lot easier than us getting the calculator/speadsheet out!

Maybe something to think about when ICC2012 comes along?
              My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

I just hope Zimbabwe know how to catch by the time ICC2012 comes out, haha.

Comment

Working...
                X