On-line improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-line improvements

We've fixed a couple of issues with the on-line game.

-Edited fields were causing game errors. We've fixed this, so you should be able to complete games without any problems.

-We've also fixed a problem with squad exchanges, so this should fix the disconnection issues people have had.

-There is now an "errors" column as well as a "disconnected" column. You should use these as a guideline for how reliable an opponent is. There will still be the odd genuine problem, but if an opponent has a high figure in these columns then it might be better to play someone else. Also the “errors” may have been caused by the other player, so honest players are likely to pick up a couple of these (before deciding not to play that person again).

-We've added a further check for edited teams which seems to be working. This is just a game though (and there aren’t any prizes), so we're not going to attempt to have unbreakable security. I don't really understand why someone would get enjoyment out of playing with an edited team (it's just not cricket), but then some people have very poor manners.

Finally - I've been persuaded that a visible police presence can sometime put off the idiots, so we now have a team removal warning on the site. We WILL remove teams without further warning if we think they are displaying unsporting or abusive behaviour. This will be pretty random and I’m not going to respond to people whinging about reasonable levels of banter. A sense of humour is allowed on line, but you only have yourself to blame if poor behaviour leads to your team being removed.

Thnx chris....

Comment

That's New online bug

Hi Chris,
      I have found the new online bug

I was playing Australian Career Then I went for online play
      clicked on internet

The below error occurs This is 2-3 time for me
      After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
      Is my Next Dream

Comment

Second thing is my request to Reset the no. of disc of everyone
        without effecting the points Because most of discs are due to bug
        Lets we can start a fresh discs from this patch
        Is my Next Dream

Comment

Thanks cricfan1. We've found the cause of the bug you've reported.

I'll see if we can re-set the disconnections.

Comment

Thanks Chris to reset disconnections

The above problem somtimes it happens somtimes it not
            but
            while online when I select all to see all ranks suddenly
            above error came .

----
            today While playing online when exchanging to squad suddenly comes out
            to main meenu and I got disc 1 check my internet that's OK
            When I told my issue to Reaper . Reaper replied that today
            server is not working fine
            got disc and point loss without any of my fault

does wireless internet could be problem although I saw signal Excellent
            --
            opponents minimum point is 5 min , can be it less because some of
            opponent want to keep none as they think that 5 min is much
            higher for 20-20. 5 min can be better for one days and first class
            If it would be 1 or 2 min that will be best for both side

--
            While I start play first class in online every time I have to click
            Play over . Thats frustrating for first class online mode
            can there be an auto button for online
            Last edited by cricfan1; 08-16-2011, 10:02 PM.
            Is my Next Dream

Comment

as noted above, i have also copped 2 discs at 'exhanging squad details' when the game after a short time would just flick straight back to the main menu without any error message.

only happened once on consecutive occasions so maybe something up with the server that day?

Also another problem i have had online that i havent seen anyone else complain of yet;

when bowling, and my opponent has made his selection and the over plays out (whether highlights on or off it doesnt seem to matter) i have this delay where i can watch my time tick down but cannot do anything! (my cursor moves but no options become available/nothing responds.

It usually lasts between 10-15secs and can happen almost all game sometimes. So if i play a game with no reserve time i can risk not having time to change bowler or field setting before the next over. therefore i always play with 5mins reserve but i keep annoying my opponents when i take 15sec up to 20secs for every over to be bowled.

I originally thought this happened maybe because my opponent has not yet finished watching highlights (i often cut them short myself) but firstly that wouldnt take 10-15secs longer than me, and secondly this problem also occurs on games without highlights.

anyone else get this?

Comment

Originally posted by pearljammonkey View Post
                as noted above, i have also copped 2 discs at 'exhanging squad details' when the game after a short time would just flick straight back to the main menu without any error message.

only happened once on consecutive occasions so maybe something up with the server that day?
                Thus disc should not be alter but error column value should increase in
                thus case

Also another problem i have had online that i havent seen anyone else complain of yet;

when bowling, and my opponent has made his selection and the over plays out (whether highlights on or off it doesnt seem to matter) i have this delay where i can watch my time tick down but cannot do anything! (my cursor moves but no options become available/nothing responds.

It usually lasts between 10-15secs and can happen almost all game sometimes. So if i play a game with no reserve time i can risk not having time to change bowler or field setting before the next over. therefore i always play with 5mins reserve but i keep annoying my opponents when i take 15sec up to 20secs for every over to be bowled.

I originally thought this happened maybe because my opponent has not yet finished watching highlights (i often cut them short myself) but firstly that wouldnt take 10-15secs longer than me, and secondly this problem also occurs on games without highlights.

anyone else get this?
                Yeah I also face , I Think this is not so major bug
                to make opponent time below 5min could be the good solution
                Last edited by cricfan1; 08-17-2011, 10:14 AM. Reason: to make changes in my comments
                Is my Next Dream

Comment

the amount of reserve time isnt really the issue for me. if i knew i would be guaranteed a full 15 sec to select bowler/field/line & length then that is plenty. but having to wait 10 sec while it is locked up and only having 5 seconds to make my move is not enough time.

Comment

Very useful feedback folks. Thanks for this. The lack of error message when it goes back to the lobby from exchange squad details is odd. Looking at this now. There should be a message if the server has lost connection. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

just to clarify Chris, for the 2 times it happened to me the game went directly back to the ICC main menu, not the lobby - i assume by lobby you mean the online part of ICC with the ladder visible etc.

guessing from cricfan's info is that he also may have meant the main menu too?

Comment

the amount of reserve time isnt really the issue for me. if i knew i would be guaranteed a full 15 sec to select bowler/field/line & length then that is plenty. but having to wait 10 sec while it is locked up and only having 5 seconds to make my move is not enough time.
                        Yes 5 seconds are not enough If opponent time is 1 min then you can use
                        that time also In this case opponent also have no problem to choose 1 min rather than 5 min
                        Is my Next Dream

Comment

just to clarify Chris, for the 2 times it happened to me the game went directly back to the ICC main menu, not the lobby - i assume by lobby you mean the online part of ICC with the ladder visible etc.

guessing from cricfan's info is that he also may have meant the main menu too?
                          btw this error just occurred for me again, and again i got a disc for it.

Comment

online game bug

Hi Chris ,
                            Today I got below error while Playing online
                            I don't know whether my Game got corrupted or that online problem
                            But I could play offline does not tested for online after that
                            This came only first time
                            I got disc increase to 1
                            Is my Next Dream

Comment

Latest On-line Changes:
                              - Fixed disconnect when viewing "every ball" highlights.
                              - Turn timer now started when both machines are ready.
                              Code:
                              yeah this I like solution rather than 1 min,great
                              - 'Please wait' shown for bowler while waiting for opponent.
                              Code:
                              now there is no hang looks in online
                              - Added user defined fields option in network game.
                              Code:
                              :)
                              - Exchange squad errors not treated as disconnect.
                              Code:
                              That was the big problem in online and finally resolved
                                          now no discs point loss
                              - Fixed crash bug when playing internet after normal game.
                              Code:
                              I have checked and not getting any error mentioned
                                          screenshot above
                              Thanks Chris ,Yet all is fine , no error found after this 11.14 latest patch
                              Is my Next Dream

Comment

Working...
                              X