Umpires and DRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umpires and DRS

Can you use the DRS system in the game and do the umpires make mistakes in the game or do they always make the right decision?

You can't use DRS but i had an LBW given out that wasn't hitting the stumps so i'm guessing umpires can make mistakes

Comment

This. Umpires can make mistakes. The ball tracker is there as a graphic aid, there's no DRS in the game yet.

Comment

While I have seen umpires very occasionally giving batsman out from the deliveries that are sliding down the leg side, I've not seen any umpires giving not out to any balls which look absolutely plumb yet.

Granted, balls that only just clip leg stump are often given not out in the game (as they often do in real life, I should add), but we could do with, very occasionally (say once every 5 matches), seeing absolute howlers from umpires when they give batsman not out even though the ball would have been hitting between middle and leg stump.
        My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

when will the drs system be bought in?
          can you put it in in a patch?

Comment

DRS isn't going to be brought in anytime soon and it certainly isn't somthing thats patch material.

Comment

Its a game not real life, you dont need it!!

Comment

DRS would be a great feature but it'd be difficult to implement and to have it working fair players would have to watch every decision and decide whether or not they think it's out without seeing any of the replays (like you would on the field) or where it pitches etc.

Also I have a question, caught behind, are some of them given out when they shouldn't be? (If you were to use a review for this it'd be difficult because you'd have to change the match engine(get to see what you see on sky sports when they're appealing) or it'd just be random guessing, you can hear when bat hits ball but when given out caught behind I haven't yet heard the contact.

ontop of that i'd like to see umpires be able to refer decisions themselves to the third umpire and you get to see the decision on the screen (completely cosmetic and on a scale of 1-10 in importance it's at a 0 but hey)
                ^+ they make a comment about how many wickets or so, like That's a fivefor ! brilliant bowling!

or that's his 250th test cricket, what a player!

Or that's his 50th first class 50 etc

Comment

DRS would be a great addition, and the caught behind but no noise happens too much for my liking. From my experience, the commentary is there, but not used.

Comment

Working...
                  X