International Cricket Captain 2011 vs Cricket Coach 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Cricket Captain 2011 vs Cricket Coach 2011

Just wanted to see how people rate and compare the two games, whats good and bad on them, which is better, which one should I buy.
    Thanks

ICC is best by a mile:

I played Cricket Coach yesterday and was disturbed that the computer employ 3 slips and a gully throughout T20s! I scored 180. The computer have no tactical knowledge unlike in ICC where they generally know when to attack your batting and when to contain.

Comment

ICC attempts very little - but does it very well
      CC attempts a lot more - but fails often in execution

If you have ICC2008 onwards than 2011 is not really 3 iterations improved (Maybe it's just about 1 iteration improved).

But since the 6 patches that I needed to run the original ICC in 1998, they have been rock solid cricket sims. Attempting little, but executing very well.

CC2011 is a mammoth undertaking, but for me it just falls over far too often. I don't play CC for the same reason I never turn on my 360.

Sooner or later I'm going to see red.

CC is heading more into "simmer" territory.
      ICC is more "match play"

I would go for ICC - it might not offer much, but at least it works.

Sadly that's now the the best thing I can now say about either of them.

After 25+ years of following cricket sims (since "Owzat" and "Test Match" by "Cases Computer Simulations" for the ZX Spectrum), having to choose from 2 titles, one that has less features than Morphs face, and another that falls over after no more than 2 seasons is a bloody sad state for the genre to be in.
      Last edited by Scritty; 08-09-2011, 05:50 PM.
      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

ICC
        Good.
        - Realistic match engine.
        - Accurate stats.
        - CPU is a challenge.
        - Pretty good 3D highlights.
        - Very addictive!
        Bad.
        - Too few stats and records.
        - Hard to edit and customize. Can't customize schedules, teams, etc.
        - Can become repetitive. There's not much "to do" outside of playing matches. I would like to do other tasks as manager like decide central contracts, plan tours, build grounds, scout and develop youth system, etc.

CC
        Good
        -Many records and stats
        - Highly editable.
        - Continually adding new features
        Bad.
        - Unrealistic match engine
        - Too easy to win, CPU is not smart
        - Lacks the 'addicting' factor of ICC. I can never get more than 2 seasons into CC. I've probably played over 300 seasons total in ICC in my lifetime.
        Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
          ICC
          Good.
          - Realistic match engine.
          - Accurate stats.
          - CPU is a challenge.
          - Pretty good 3D highlights.
          - Very addictive!
          Bad.
          - Too few stats and records.
          - Hard to edit and customize. Can't customize schedules, teams, etc.
          - Can become repetitive. There's not much "to do" outside of playing matches. I would like to do other tasks as manager like decide central contracts, plan tours, build grounds, scout and develop youth system, etc.

CC
          Good
          -Many records and stats
          - Highly editable.
          - Continually adding new features
          Bad.
          - Unrealistic match engine
          - Too easy to win, CPU is not smart
          - Lacks the 'addicting' factor of ICC. I can never get more than 2 seasons into CC. I've probably played over 300 seasons total in ICC in my lifetime.
          That just about sums up my feelings exactly.
          ICC IS addictive. CC fails in this because you are always thinking "this is going to crash in a minute" and you are usually right.
          ICC though just isn't far enough advanced from ICC3...it's not that far advanced from ICC the original. I feel like I'm paying for the same game over and over again.
          I play well past the current database of teams anyway, so I'm not even that concerned if they are correctto the tiniest detail. I got to 2050+ in ICC2009 (the last one I played to any degree) and am almost 250 years into ICC2002 (my fave)
          Let's have some proper NEW stuff. Things for the captain to do, and just as important some flipping stats.
          The reason I stopped 2009 is because, without writing everything down on pen and paper I had no idea whether my team was progressing or not.

How does my current side compare to the one of say 20 years ago?

Who knows? The game engine can't be bothered to record it.

I think I've gone "gamekeeper" turned "poacher" - the opposite of the normal use of the phrase, becasue I am right royally cheesed off with this program
          The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I have to say I first played CC a few years ago and at the time I thought ICC was far superior, however having just played the free trial of CC it has come on a long long way in those years. ICC on the other hand has made very little progress other than database updates and the Australian domestic setup.

For me ICC is not doing enough to make me pay each year for effectively the same game. I know the excuses of a small team, but CC operates with just as small a team and is far more ambitious in what it seeks to achieve. To echo and expand on the above posts:

CC +

Control any test or associate international team as well as teams from domestic set-ups all over the world
            Much deeper statistics available
            Free database updates each year
            Much deeper players, each player can have a different position in FC and limited overs cricket for example.
            Continuous effort to add new features and give you something worth buying

CC-

Several bugs although the creator does work tirelessly to fix these
            Sometimes too easy

ICC+
            The match engine is better
            Might not do much but what it does is highly polished and it does well

Something I read the creator of CC say on their forums was that he won't be releasing a 2012 game because the forums produce free database updates and he doesn't feel there is enough new features for a new game yet and he is still trying to sort out some of the bugs in 2011. This for me contrasts sharply with ICC who make very little progress each year but continue to flog a new version of the game (database update, small adjustments) at the same price. CC is fixing its bugs with patches not by charging money for a new edition.

I should add that I think at the moment the preference of game is going to be personal preference, however Cricket Coach has very much closed the gap and ICC should be very worried about losing its loyal fanbase to CC if it continues to improve while ICC seems to stand still.
            Last edited by Lynx54321; 08-12-2011, 01:53 PM. Reason: Forgot

Comment

No chance of CC overtaking ICC - the game is unplayable I think. Limited overs matches are poorly simulated with the computer employing 3 slips and a gully throughout - even in death overs!

Comment

Well you have just highlighted the one aspect of ICC which is still superior, the match engine. But seeing how ICC stands still and how CC has arguably already overtaken it in most other areas it seems inevitable to me that at some point CC will become the better game in this department as well.

Comment

Yeah we will see but they have been aware of the field placing issues that plague computer tactics for years...

Match engine is the most important thing.

I like the editing options for CC as makes mods possible. Think icc should create an editor but edited dbs/games should not be allowed online.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that, after buying every version of both games since inception...(ICC in 1998 and Michael Vaughn's Cricket with Oli) I don't consider either game good enough or advanced enough to warrant more cash at the moment.

One is stagnant, the other is too prone to crashes. Neither worth my money for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...
                    X