Where is Kyle Jarvis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Kyle Jarvis?

I started a career as Zimbabwe today and wanted to select the same XI for the test against Bangladesh that are currently playing in real life. One of those players in Zim paceman Kyle Jarvis, the problem being he doesn't seem to exist in the database.

This is a pretty big oversight considering he is an International-standard player.

Originally posted by CyberCricketer View Post
    I started a career as Zimbabwe today and wanted to select the same XI for the test against Bangladesh that are currently playing in real life. One of those players in Zim paceman Kyle Jarvis, the problem being he doesn't seem to exist in the database.

This is a pretty big oversight considering he is an International-standard player.
    Nobody knew about him before he made debut for zimb.

Comment

That's not true. He's been talked about as a potential Zimbabwean international players for quite a while, and he's therefore much more significant than countless other players in the database who'll never get such a chance.

And yesterday in real life he bowled out both Imrul Kayes and Shahriar Nafees in the ongoing Test match, so it's ridiculous that he isn't in the game.

Comment

Apparently hes one of the fastest Zimbabwean bowlers too, impossible to be ignored.

Comment

Presumably, due to the stress fracture he sustained last year, they neglected to put him in the game, or perhaps forgot. Chris Jones, Somerset's young batsman, is also not in the game which is strange considering he's played several games this season for his county.

It shouldn't spoil your enjoyment. Just pick someone else!

Comment

I'll add him in for the patch. He wasn't deliberately pulled out of the database, something we're working on improving for next years DB build.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Hey it is great to see Zimbabwe back on ICC .

In addition to Jarvis being added, on the evidence of the recently finished test series as well as the matches against Aus A and SA A before some of the Zim players could do with an increase in their abilities.

Jarvis and Vitori should both be at least as good as anything the Bangladeshis have in the pace department.

Mawoyo looks a solid opening batsman.

Taylor and Masakadze have also both shown not only in this match but in many of the ODIs and t20 matches over the last couple years that they are better than solid mid order batsmen, neither should really be an opener anymore.

Sibanda should be an opener.

Great work on the database generally though

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                Hey it is great to see Zimbabwe back on ICC .

In addition to Jarvis being added, on the evidence of the recently finished test series as well as the matches against Aus A and SA A before some of the Zim players could do with an increase in their abilities.

Jarvis and Vitori should both be at least as good as anything the Bangladeshis have in the pace department.

Mawoyo looks a solid opening batsman.

Taylor and Masakadze have also both shown not only in this match but in many of the ODIs and t20 matches over the last couple years that they are better than solid mid order batsmen, neither should really be an opener anymore.

Sibanda should be an opener.

Great work on the database generally though
                Agree with all of this.

Comment

Okay, players tweaked. Jarvis added.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Awesome Sureshot, is there an ETA on the next update?

In addition after playing further with Zimbabwe I feel Ray Price is not rated highly enough as a bowler, it wasn't that long ago he ranked second in the one day bowling rankings. Elton Chigumbura has also been useless for me despite being one of Zimbabwe's best players the last few years. Chamu Chibabha is also a better batsman than bowler, although the opposite seems to be true in the game currently. I accept some of these may just be how the players are performing in my game, their ratings may already be spot on but it does seem unusual how poor Price and Chigumbura have been.
                      Last edited by Lynx54321; 08-10-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X