Editing players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing players

I have played ICC for over 10 years, but have hardly ever played online due to the amount of teams that were edited. I read that the latest patch prevented teams with edited players playing online and decided to have a go online.

I played a person with a team full of players full of very good averages and didn't really think anything of it. However, when I looked more closely at his players they'd all played a ridiculous amount of games for even a 20 year career. I then checked their date of births and when they made their debuts, all of his players had made their debuts before they'd reached the age of ten. Some had even managed the extremely impressive feat of making their test match debut several years before they were born. In addition they were all on contracts of over three years.

I asked the person how this had occurred and they admitted that they had edited their players' ages. I then asked him if he considered this to be cheating. He replied that it was only considered cheating if one edited the ability of their players, editing their ages didn't count as editing player. This is an extremely unsatisfactory answer, to me it seems quite obvious he was editing players and therefore cheating.

In my opinion any kind of editing, especially when giving such a grossly unfair advantage as changing players ages obviously does, should be regarded as cheating and players who carry out this kind of practice should have their teams banned. I thought that such teams were already blocked, but apparently not. I hope the administrators will look into this and come up with a solution so those that wish to play online fairly can do so without wasting their time playing those more bothered about winning than playing fairly and in the spirit that cricket is meant to be played in. Otherwise, it's back to single player for me.
    Last edited by bnd3; 08-05-2011, 08:46 PM. Reason: Typo

Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
    Some had even managed the extremely impressive feat of making their test match debut several years before they were born.
    That is quite an impressive feat

Seriously, though, that's still editing and it gives them an unfair advantage in terms of experience and team chemistry. Any sort of player editing should be punished with immediate execution.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCricketer View Post
      Seriously, though, that's still editing and it gives them an unfair advantage in terms of experience and team chemistry. Any sort of player editing should be punished with immediate execution.
      It also means that you can give players effectively unlimited training, which means they are going to be significantly better than unedited players.

Comment

In ICC 2010 Kevin hedger advised chris child to release a legal ICC editor...which could not increase the batting and bowling abilities.... so wats the matter if some one is using editor? which can only edit ages or salaries ??? u can also use this...we will not criticize you...

Comment

Something is wrong I have doubt still their are overpowerd teams in online

I was playing first class with Mr.cricket His team looks 2011 and mine is in 2017
          His player was playing as GOD
          Please anyone think that still anyone can use overpower team some mention
          here so that this problem can removed

Last edited by cricfan1; 08-06-2011, 04:32 PM.
          After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
          Is my Next Dream

Comment

If they cheat why not just not play against them? There will always be cheaters no matter what is done to prevent it. The best way to solve it is to ignore them and play only with non-cheaters. Or offline which I do.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
              If they cheat why not just not play against them? There will always be cheaters no matter what is done to prevent it. The best way to solve it is to ignore them and play only with non-cheaters. Or offline which I do.
              is there way to find this is cheater or not before playing

one possibility is 11.05 register overpowered team is still there
              Is my Next Dream

Comment

Its Non Sense

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
                Something is wrong I have doubt still their are overpowerd teams in online

I was playing first class with Mr.cricket His team looks 2011 and mine is in 2017
                His player was playing as GOD
                Please anyone think that still anyone can use overpower team some mention
                here so that this problem can removed

if by chance my one batsman plays good does it mean that I used some cheat method? for example Stuart Broad played excellent for England the previous day does that mean, Stuart had used some cheat methods??? I have many things to say, first of all your team is very weak....secondly you chat, ask number of questions to the opponent that you loose your concentration and the opponent gets the Advantage....so next time think before you post...
                Last edited by n_nicks12@yahoo.com; 08-06-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by n_nicks12@yahoo.com View Post
                  if by chance my one batsman plays good does it mean that I used some cheat method? for example Stuart Broad played excellent for England the previous day does that mean, Stuart had used some cheat methods???
                  Its not one time I played wid him more than that evey playes as GOD
                  I am not pressuring but I could be wrong.
                  Last edited by cricfan1; 08-06-2011, 05:08 PM.
                  Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
                    Its not one time I played wid him more than that evey playes as GOD
                    I am not pressuring but I could be wrong.
                    Why are u Predicting such things which you are not sure of.....you see your team first and what you want to prove by posting this pics??

Comment

your team also doesn't looks like having any young players and you get defeated by all the teams online....hardly u won 3 matches out of 30.....
                      Last edited by n_nicks12@yahoo.com; 08-06-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by n_nicks12@yahoo.com View Post
                        Why are u Predicting such things which you are not sure of.....you see your team first and what you want to prove by posting this pics??
                        First of all I am not proving anything else I just want to make confirm that
                        there should be no overpowered team in any case,If so than this should
                        barred with more secured technique to make better game
                        Last edited by cricfan1; 08-06-2011, 05:35 PM.
                        Is my Next Dream

Comment

Nick@yahoo good man...
                          You are noob having 3 posts in this forum and in these three posts you discuss the matter about cheating... we are here since ICC 2009 was released and discuss about cheating... MR cricket is a cheater and i guarantee he is a cheater...his SIMON JONES and Ervine bowled very well.... and my 6th sense tell me that u r MR. CRICKET and defend your self with the help of this ID

Comment

See nick@yahoo.com is the newest user...he register only to defend himself
                            Attached Files

Comment

Seriously I stopped playing ICC online just because of these editing problems.
                              From last three versions India warrior is always at top and he never lost the game????
                              DOES NOT MAKE A SENSE
                              This is only one example and there are many others.
                              I was hoping Chris would do some thing to make online game better but it is still same and I think the only way is not to play online or to play with only your friends whom you know well. Online friendly matches were good to avoid these problems but alas those are no longer there.
                              CHEAT AND RULE THE WORLD.....my foot
                              You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Working...
                              X