ODI's are a joke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diagoj View Post
    You are not allowing your batsman to settle down and playing far aggressive too early.
    That is a valid point,let batsman get something middle of bat.

Comment

Stop expecting the game to run exactly like real life. If your bowlers are going at high run rates then do something about it. Mix up your line and lengths, set your own fields instead of using default all the time, give your bowlers short spells and just be more partial to a bit of variety. The reason things like that don't happen in real life is because captains don't have 6 slips and 2 short legs in the 1st 15 overs of an innings like the default fields tend to have in ICC.

Stop complaining about the game and actually captain your team rather than let the game do everything. That's not playing the game, that's just going along with it. It's far more enjoyable when you spend time setting fields, exploiting the batsman's weaknesses and it's far more rewarding when you win matches that way. Start playing the game and stop complaining that things are going against you.

Comment

Originally posted by thecolumnist View Post
        Stop expecting the game to run exactly like real life. If your bowlers are going at high run rates then do something about it. Mix up your line and lengths, set your own fields instead of using default all the time, give your bowlers short spells and just be more partial to a bit of variety. The reason things like that don't happen in real life is because captains don't have 6 slips and 2 short legs in the 1st 15 overs of an innings like the default fields tend to have in ICC.

Stop complaining about the game and actually captain your team rather than let the game do everything. That's not playing the game, that's just going along with it. It's far more enjoyable when you spend time setting fields, exploiting the batsman's weaknesses and it's far more rewarding when you win matches that way. Start playing the game and stop complaining that things are going against you.

http://thecolumnblog.com/
        We're allowed to give examples of unrealistic things that happen in icc2011 to enable chris to improve the game. The forum isn't there for saying how great the game is but rather enable the makers of the game aware of bugs, database errors and problems with the game. High run rates are clearly a problem in the game. Unless you choose England most other team concede incredibly high totals despite setting edited fields. Even when you give players short spells and vary the bowling by giving part timers a go they also get hit.

Also, speaking of default fields where there are '6 slips and 2 short legs' surely chris can provide a wider selection of default field settings so the AI can resort to these instead of fields which would never be set in real ODI or OD matches let alone T20s.

Comment

People are expecting far too much from the game. They should be grateful for a start and begin to make their points in a more civilized way. The very title of this thread ("ODI's are a joke") is rather disrespectful, in my opinion, to the makers of what continues to be the best cricket game on the circuit. I understand that there are some aspects of the game that need addressing, and I'm sure the makers are working hard as we speak, but some people need to relax and just enjoy the game.

I played with Australia today and funnily enough, the highest run rate for any of my bowlers (Bollinger, J Pattinson, Krejza, Doherty, Hastings, Watson, Lee, Johnson) was 7.50 in nearly a dozen ODI's. My bowlers were consistently going for less than 55/60 so I haven't experienced the problems that some of you have. Maybe you're not quite the captain that the game demands!

Comment

Originally posted by thecolumnist View Post
            Stop expecting the game to run exactly like real life....
            He does have a point. Running the game at default settings should provide realistic play and results.

Comment

I use my own very defensive field settings as often as restrictions allow after about 15 overs and never really had that prob. I think ODIs are modelled well.

Comment

agreed

I agree with the person above. I wouldn't consider my self a 'skilled' player of this game, but a tactic that has served me well in ODI's has been to set quite defensive fields as soon as the restrictions allow me too. Then I bowl a defensive line, and attack whenever I take a wicket. if I find one particular batsmen is smashing me, I will pack the offside field and bowl well outside off to starve him of runs.

I have the game on medium difficulty and win more than I lose as Australia.

The only 2 'unrealistic' things I have found and these things don't bother me at all are:

1) Shane Watson is a freak - Hated him back in the day and all of a sudden he is a gun in real life and in my cricket game. I don't want to select him, but his batting and bowling figures in ALL varieties of the game dominate!

2) I struggle so hard with 20/20. I think I try and be too aggressive too quickly and then get frustrated that I never get much beyond 80! lol

Comment

Originally posted by gmpow1 View Post
                  1) Shane Watson is a freak - Hated him back in the day and all of a sudden he is a gun in real life and in my cricket game. I don't want to select him, but his batting and bowling figures in ALL varieties of the game dominate!
                  Watson has been extraordinary in the game for some time. My pet peeve was Cameron White being my best spinner by some margin.

Comment

Originally posted by NSWBlue View Post
                    My pet peeve was Cameron White being my best spinner by some margin.
                    It's funny you say that. He was my most dominant Australian in ICC 2010! Always seemed to make runs (I had him at 1st drop for some early aggression) and he often came through with the goods. He would also pick up a heap of wickets too.

Comment

I have been playing ICC for a long time and in previous versions a bowler going at over 4.5RPO used to be considered expensive in OD matches. I always used default settings so I could play as fast as possible. However, when I started playing one-day games on ICC2011 I had the same problem as you - my bowlers consistently got killed. So I started tinkering with the field settings for the first time in my life and to be honest I would never go back to using default settings. I find the new OD match engine is very good too as nowadays IRL a RPO of 5 is good and the new match engine reflects this. Have a play around with the fields and save some custom fields this also makes the game a lot more enjoyable to play.
                      YouTube
                      Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                        I have been playing ICC for a long time and in previous versions a bowler going at over 4.5RPO used to be considered expensive in OD matches. I always used default settings so I could play as fast as possible. However, when I started playing one-day games on ICC2011 I had the same problem as you - my bowlers consistently got killed. So I started tinkering with the field settings for the first time in my life and to be honest I would never go back to using default settings. I find the new OD match engine is very good too as nowadays IRL a RPO of 5 is good and the new match engine reflects this. Have a play around with the fields and save some custom fields this also makes the game a lot more enjoyable to play.
                        totally agree
                        After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                        Is my Next Dream

Comment

Working...
                        X