Ratings of players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings of players?

hi, first time player of ICC. one thing i have noticed/struggling with is choosing players to play as i only have averages and scores to work with. some would say thats the whole idea but having played football manager, im more used to players having their own statistics.

having read other threads about Trott it seemed to give me the impression players do actually have skill ratings? is this the case? are they hidden?

while im here if anyone could share any tips for ODI batting techniques as i seem to struggle with both losing wickets and achieving a really poor run rate, it almost seems as if the players are still in test mode. i encourage them to play more aggressive and they get out!

Any help with the above would be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by 04ambroj View Post
    hi, first time player of ICC. one thing i have noticed/struggling with is choosing players to play as i only have averages and scores to work with. some would say thats the whole idea but having played football manager, im more used to players having their own statistics.

having read other threads about Trott it seemed to give me the impression players do actually have skill ratings? is this the case? are they hidden?

while im here if anyone could share any tips for ODI batting techniques as i seem to struggle with both losing wickets and achieving a really poor run rate, it almost seems as if the players are still in test mode. i encourage them to play more aggressive and they get out!

Any help with the above would be greatly appreciated!

Give your batsman some aggressive batting techniques,they will improve and do well for you

Comment

I'm interested to know what hidden attributes the players have and how many attributes they have.

Comment

I find attacking bowlers are more effective at test level. If two bowlers both average 20, I'll always take the bowler with the higher rpo (higher SR).
        Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Originally posted by AlterBridge View Post
          I'm interested to know what hidden attributes the players have and how many attributes they have.
          What hidden attributes u want to find and where?

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
            I find attacking bowlers are more effective at test level. If two bowlers both average 20, I'll always take the bowler with the higher rpo (higher SR).
            Batsman plays with caution against attacking bowlers and falls prey to them.

Comment

Originally posted by AlterBridge View Post
              They haven't got any. Comparing FM & ICC is like comparing Barca to Blackpool. Unfortunately ICC is a relatively shallow game once you get to know it. It has hardly evolved since the very first one, back in 98 I think it was, and draws a lot of criticism because of it. The match engine is very enjoyable but there's relatively little going on 'under the hood'.

Mind you FM has a huge budget to play around with !

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
                A higher RPO (or Economy rate) means your bowler leaks runs like a seive, and doesn't necessarily mean they are an attacking bowler, just very inaccurate. (MJ and Tait). They might take 4-20 they might also go for 20 in one over

Comment

Originally posted by Dobcheev View Post
                  They haven't got any. Comparing FM & ICC is like comparing Barca to Blackpool. Unfortunately ICC is a relatively shallow game once you get to know it. It has hardly evolved since the very first one, back in 98 I think it was, and draws a lot of criticism because of it. The match engine is very enjoyable but there's relatively little going on 'under the hood'.
                  This is based on what knowledge of how we rate players?

Just because there is no visible attributes, doesn't mean they aren't there because it's simple!

We've always stated that the reason they are hidden is because it takes away realism. Some may argue there should be a choice (like in FM, for instance), some may prefer it the current method. We can't satisfy everyone in that regard.

I wouldn't disagree that there needs to be more reported information on player stats, I'd love to be able to have more at-hand stats to decide on who to play and who not to. This is something that we will work on over the coming years.

Comment

Personally I would hate to see batting and bowling ratings in ICC because it would make the game too easy when choosing your team of players. In the real world, Batting and Bowling averages and strike rates and other statistics are the only tools you have to determine who's good and who isn't.

Incidentally, while I understand batting strike rates were not recorded at First Class and List A level until recently, some of the older cricketers do not have strike rates at all in the game, even if you play them for a few matches. Why can't the game record the batting Strike Rate for these players since the start of the game save instead?

Also please can you add bowling strike rates for the next game?
                    My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X