Central Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Contracts

Are these fixed for the new game, uses to piss me off something rotten that the England conrtacted players have nothing to do with who your picking once your in charge of England, surely can't be too hard to fix.

We don't allow you to pick your own central contracted players because it would be too easy to pick your own county squad. Agreed that the AI should puck from current England players though. I'll look into this.

Comment

The main issue I had was I had an amazing alrounder FC averages of 60 and 10, who England never picked, when I was England captains I picked him and he had similar stats at test level. Even after 60+ tests he still never got a central contract and once he wanted 150k+ my county side couldn't afford to keep him, and nobody else could afford to sign him so age 27 or so he 'retired'. I've also had plenty of other incidencies where guys have played a whole heap of tests that summer and still not been given one.

Comment

Can we not have a system abstracted from real life Chris? I'm not sure how it works in the game but it seems to be based on hidden batting or bowling ability at the moment which isn't how it should.

I'd suggest this.

Originally posted by Themer View Post
        Yeah follow the way they award incremental central contracts and expand it. "Non-contracted players earn points for England appearances: five for a Test match and two for a limited-overs game, and can earn a contract by accumulating 20. " 1. Thats how people get an incremental contract to make it work for full ones just add two contract bands.

People who aquire over 20 points get an incremental contract and as such their counties only pay half of their usual contract demands and players who go above say 40 get a full central contract.

And when in control of the international team you should be able to make centrally contracted players to rest instead of them playing for their counties.

1.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/8722546.stm

Comment

I agree. Seems like a pretty good way to handle things.

Except, I can see people abusing it by selecting players from their team when they captain England, so that their county side has more money to spend.
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

It is an interesting topic to be fair, but what Themer is suggesting is a really nice idea really.

Central contracting is a big part of International Cricket in England, and I really do think that is one point that needs looking at in the game. The method that Themer suggests would be easy to implement, almost easy enough to include in a future update....

Comment

Originally posted by samcarroll View Post
              It is an interesting topic to be fair, but what Themer is suggesting is a really nice idea really.

Central contracting is a big part of International Cricket in England, and I really do think that is one point that needs looking at in the game. The method that Themer suggests would be easy to implement, almost easy enough to include in a future update....
              Or as a selector - on a pro rata basis - you get to pick 2 players for CC's

If a player doesn't accrue an average of 20 points per year over say two years (using Themer's excellent suggestion) then you can be vetoed and the player is not eligible for slection for a CC for a further 12 months by you.

Scritty
              The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

a related question: do central contracts change when players are not picked?

Comment

No. I'm not sure how it works though so I can't really comment with any certainty.

Comment

Originally posted by jawain04 View Post
                    a related question: do central contracts change when players are not picked?
                    I think central contract changes with players perfomances for season.

Comment

Originally posted by imcoolgerald View Post
                      I think central contract changes with players perfomances for season.
                      I agree with u that contract is dependent on perfomance of player.

Comment

Originally posted by diagoj View Post
                        I agree with u that contract is dependent on perfomance of player.
                        Unless Andrew Hilditch is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                          Unless Andrew Hilditch is involved.

Many good players missed out even after perfomance.They cannot give contract to all.

Comment

In my game James Anderson lost his England contract at the age of 34 despite still playing a handful of test matches. Yet Monty Panesar still has a 2 year England contract despite not playing any international cricket for years.
                            YouTube
                            Facebook

Comment

Working...
                            X