LBW giveaway noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBW giveaway noise?

I haven't tried ICC 2011 yet, but I was wondering if the game still had that giveaway noise for LBW decisions. You know, that scratching, shoes-on-gravel noise that ALWAYS occurs when the decision is out, but you never hear when it's not out, thereby ridding the moment of any tension and anticipation because you know what the verdict is before the umpire signals.

...so, um, is that noise still in the game?

Not sure, but if you're playing watching highlights, the start of an over always happens more quickly when a wicket is going to fall. Kind of spoils the suspense.

Comment

I have to say that I have never encountered anything that signals a wicket is going to fall, even in previous versions :/

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
        Not sure, but if you're playing watching highlights, the start of an over always happens more quickly when a wicket is going to fall. Kind of spoils the suspense.
        Does that mean the wicket is going to fall the first delivery of the over?

EDIT: ... I sound like a bookie

Comment

Originally posted by Machinax View Post
          Does that mean the wicket is going to fall the first delivery of the over?

EDIT: ... I sound like a bookie
          No - just sometime in the over.

Comment

I know it seems pedantic, but that LBW thing really grates on my nerves. Especially when a game is tight, it would be WONDERFUL to have a second or two of complete nervous tension as you wait for the umpire to rule whether the batsman is out or not.

Instead, as soon as he ball hits the pad, you hear that noise, and you know he's out. Or the ball hits the pad, there's no noise, and you know he's not out. You might as well remove the umpire from the equation entirely.

Comment

I'm sure I posted on this yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared. LBW noise has been fixed (now happens for out or not out). We've also got a minimum time delay before highlights are shown. On slow machines your over could still take longer than the delay, but we didn't want to slow the game down too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                I have to say that I have never encountered anything that signals a wicket is going to fall, even in previous versions :/
                In the older versions there used to be a tell-tale "wobble" when a player was going to be given out LBW, IIRC.
                World Serious Cricket

Comment

anyone who has played the game over the years knows when you lose a wicket when it shows the action, it lags a little or the noise of the pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                    I'm sure I posted on this yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared. LBW noise has been fixed (now happens for out or not out).
                    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'd be more than willing to overlook any and all other bugs if it means that the moment between an appeal and the umpire's decision is filled with genuine tension.

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
                      In the older versions there used to be a tell-tale "wobble" when a player was going to be given out LBW, IIRC.
                      By that, do you mean a batsman "bends over" a bit, before the camera cuts away and he starts walking back? I seem to remember that, but usually for caught behind, sometimes when there wasn't a visible (or audible) nick.

Comment

I remember there use to be a half second where all your players would inexplictly wobble around before the bowler began his run in. If it happened there was going to be a wicket 100%.

Anyone else finding it annoying when a game goes down to the last over, you need one wicket and hear the LBW out noise automatically think its out like your use to only to find it given not out? Just happened to me, will take some getting use to that noise not automatically meaning a wicket. Glad its been fixed mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
                          I remember there use to be a half second where all your players would inexplictly wobble around before the bowler began his run in. If it happened there was going to be a wicket 100%.

Anyone else finding it annoying when a game goes down to the last over, you need one wicket and hear the LBW out noise automatically think its out like your use to only to find it given not out? Just happened to me, will take some getting use to that noise not automatically meaning a wicket. Glad its been fixed mind.
                          That sound must not make much difference then.

Comment

This issue has definitely gone, I remember this being on the older versions and I knew straight away that it was out when I heard that trademark scratch noise lol. Now I hear the scratch noise every time it hits the pad and half the time it's not given out.

Comment

Originally posted by AlterBridge View Post
                              This issue has definitely gone, I remember this being on the older versions and I knew straight away that it was out when I heard that trademark scratch noise lol. Now I hear the scratch noise every time it hits the pad and half the time it's not given out.
                              Does that means batsman is out or notout?

Comment

Working...
                              X