Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Golden Isles - A West Indies Career.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it wasn't exactly to plan... I'll put it down to me being out of practice, eh?

We lost the toss, but we still got to bowl first, always my preferred option in the shorter form. Then India started batting. That opening partnership was worth 121, and from then on, we knew that we were in trouble. Sammy trapped Vijay, and the spinners, Bishoo and Gayle, set about repairing a match that looked like it might be a walkover. Gayle took 2/38 from his 10 overs, with Gambhir (I always have to look twice to spell his name right... I don't know why, it's not even a particularly hard name to spell...) and Sharma, before Roach returned to the attack for the final blows. His 5-wicket haul included a hattrick of the lower order, and India's low amount of strength of depth in batting made a fairly average bowling display from Roach look masterful.

We started well in our chase, but lost the in-form Gayle early on. Barath and Chanderpaul fought hard to keep us in the game, but it looked unlikely as the run rate required began to creep up, and I need to go to bed, so I'll do this in the morning

Comment

Working...
    X