358 not out off 40 overs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 358 not out off 40 overs

This young Aussie could be worth watching.
    World Serious Cricket

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
    I just saw this, it blew my mind. I mean, I know the bowling probably isn't first-class standard, but I'd still find it amazing even if every deliver was a full toss. Next ICC Phil Hughes?

Comment

In a 16 over (8 balls an over) game in May an opener for my team scored 201 not out. (the last ball he was on 197 and the guy bowled him a juicy long hop we suspect on purpose - but other than that it was all competitive, if low level bowling)

In 4 and a bit years for my club the guy had previously only scored one fifty in almost 60 midweek games. It was 2 months ago, he's played 9 games since and hasn't got to 25 in any of them.

He hit 13 6's and 22 4's - twice got over 40 in an over (8 ball admittedly)
      The local evening paper gave him "cricketer of the week" and he won a signed bat from Duncan Fearnley Sales (we are a Worcestershire club)

I took 5 for 3 in 4 x 8 ball overs when it was our turn to bowl. and we skittled them for about 60 (they were teeing off from ball one chasing over 280 to win)
      5 for 3 and not the slightest chance of being man of the match. (for you Aussies that's 5 wickets for 3 runs not the other way around)

Stranger still, we played the same side at home last week...and they beat us. The reason we bolwled them so cheaply the first time was the pressure of getting such an enormous score.

(I will add that I took 2 for 21 in our defeat, and the 201 hero scored 7 or 8 off 3 or 4 balls I think)

As commentators are fond of saying...it's a funny old game.

Scritty
      Last edited by Scritty; 07-11-2011, 02:41 PM.
      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Working...
      X