Can players change classification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can players change classification?

Second annoying question in only a couple of days from me!

Essentially, can players change what they are. So can a bowler or batsman go from a single role to an all rounder?

I'm just asking because I've got a bowler who came through my youth system a few years ago who is consistently good with the bat, putting in good scores almost every time he gets a proper chance, and I just wondered if he will always remain just a bowler as far as the game is concerned or whether he might eventually become an all rounder.

This is how the player in question has started this season.

I decided to give him more of a chance to bat than normal so he has been playing at number 6 for me and as you can see, he has made a pretty damn good start to the season. (The 16 was in a match where very player failed, we were all out for just over 100).
    Last season he only had 7 innings in which he had a chance to bat, the majority of the time we declared just as he came in, however in those 7 innings he scored around 300 runs.

As you can see, he is very capable with the bat but the game still only views him as a bowler. Can this ever change or will he always be just a bowler?

Nope it won't change unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
      Nope it won't change unfortunately
      Bugger.
      Since I took the screenshot I've actually moved him back down the order, not because he was doing badly but because he is proving himself so good at adding runs quickly that I like having him come in towards the end of an innings.

Also, in the 3 games after the screenshot he played 4 proper innings, scoring in the 40s in 3 of them, and then 92 off 58 balls in the final one!

Comment

Well the biggest misfortune is that the bowlers who can bat could be identified as they get a chance to bat and some where during their carreers they shows their guts with the bat.... but the batsmen who have golden arm with the bowl can not be identified as you really dont give them a chance to bowl and hence their bowling ability goes un-noticed . is there any way except skipping the matches with whom i can identify my chip in bowler, who can bowl a few overs here and there and some time during their carreers become peroper allrounders.

Comment

Only select 3/4 bowlers in a one day match an sim the result. Computer will pick your best bowlers through the sim so you can find out who you can throw the ball too if someone gets injured or whatever

Comment

Working...
          X