1st July & still nothing!! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st July & still nothing!! :(

July has come & still there is no news about ICC 2011.
    Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Originally posted by Anku31 View Post
    July has come & still there is no news about ICC 2011.
    I'm not fussed cos my computer broke and I'm using linux (which sadly ICC doesnt have a version for as far as i know) so i cant play it anyway. But seriously it'll be out when it's out, and as usual it'll (in my opinion) be worth the wait.

Comment

They've already said it will come out in mid to late July.

And it does work using wine in linux. At least I've got it to work via wine on my macbook.

Comment

Will they be releasing a version for mac?

Comment

Originally posted by 123efc View Post
          Will they be releasing a version for mac?
          They haven't done before. WINE is an app that allows you to install windows on a mac in place of MAC OS.

Scritty
          The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
            They've already said it will come out in mid to late July.

And it does work using wine in linux. At least I've got it to work via wine on my macbook.
            I downloaded it and it works great. Thanks for suggesting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
              They haven't done before. WINE is an app that allows you to install windows on a mac in place of MAC OS.

Scritty
              Thanks, would that not make a mac susceptible to windows virus etc?

Comment

Short answer: no
                Slightly longer answer: it's extremely unlikely

Detailed answer: I'm not giving it for two reasons: firstly it's off-topic, and secondly, I'm not absolutely sure I've got it right. If the above answers really don't suffice, PM me.

Comment

We have a Mac version in development this year and as Chewie has said, we shall be releasing mid-late July.

Comment

Thats great to know, thanks Sureshot!

Also, thanks 6ry4nj, I imagine you'd have to get very unlucky to contract a virus like that, just wanted confirmation.

Only a couple of weeks to go! Cant wait now.

Comment

Some. More like browser hijacks and other stuff (spyware)
                      Anything that attacked the OS root (the real nasty stuff) would almost definitely not affect you.

Pro rata there are almost as many virii for macs as there are for PC's, and browser hijacks and spyware are often platform independent anyway.

It's just M$ are less popular and more prevalent than Apple so are targetted more. There is nothing inherently "less" safe about a PC, it's just that there are more "PC users", ergo more "PC abusers"

Scritty
                      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

The way the Mac OS is structured makes it harder for viruses to penetrate deeper into the system I think

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                          The way the Mac OS is structured makes it harder for viruses to penetrate deeper into the system I think
                          In practice this is so, but only becasue there are far fewer hackers "toolboxes" about for OS than Windows.

I've had a few virii on my Mac - nothing major.

My PC experience has been worse no doubt. Blaster Worm for my PC abut 7-8 years ago was the worst I had. Every time it booted it would immediately come up with a shut down notice. Had to use a second PC - slave the drive to it as an "unsafe" device" and remove the thing that way. Eithout a second PC i'd have had a nightmare getting rid of it.

But OS can be hacked about as easily as Win - just far (far)fewer people hack OS becasue there are 22 PC users for every Mac user (and probably 22 PC hackers for every Mac hacker - and logically but not perhaps in reality - 22 PC virii for every Mac virus)

Whether it extrapolates like that I don't know. But the main difference is numbers of users.

If Mac OS had 22x more people using it I would fully expect the number of viruses on it to be about the same as Windows.

Analysts call it the "Security of Obscurity" Which although linguistically is both annoying and wrong (obscure is not a synonym for rare)...it does make the point.

Scritty.

Comment

Indeed.

Bit of an update from us, still working hard on getting the game ready for release this month. We've been working on improving the SA/SL provincial/inflated ratings problem, so although there won't be a major overhaul for 2011 with regards to new features as mentioned before, though there are some new features, we are also trying to make sure the database is much better this year.

Comment

Averages from the South African franchises are probably worth more than the English county system as competition amongst the six teams is so high. The provincial averages can be considered not worth much - in fact these players shouldn't really be in the game as many are amateurs.

There are some pretty exciting up and coming cricketers from the SA franchise teams, but none from the provincial competitions.

Comment

Working...
                              X