ICC 2011 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICC 2011 Countdown

Hey this wont be a bad idea to put a Countdown clock for the next ICC version.
    ICC has been such a revolutionary and great game over the years. This is one thing i always wanted to see. A countdown clock for the next version

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
    Hey this wont be a bad idea to put a Countdown clock for the next ICC version.
    ICC has been such a revolutionary and great game over the years. This is one thing i always wanted to see. A countdown clock for the next version
    I highly doubt they'll tell you when the game will be released until after its actually released, saves on a hell of a lot of dissapointment should something go wrong last minute.

Comment

I'm pretty sure what will happen is:

Sometime soon Sureshot will show us a few screenshots which will hint what will be in ICC2011.

Then one day the game will not be out. The next day it will be out. No warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
        I'm pretty sure what will happen is:

Sometime soon Sureshot will show us a few screenshots which will hint what will be in ICC2011.

Then one day the game will not be out. The next day it will be out. No warning.
        And then the complaining will really begin - I can almost see the threads now!

"Still no IPL?!? WTF?!?"

"No Indian Domestic Competition?"

"Spinners still overpowered"

"TendulkarIsGod is a Cheater!!!"

And so on...
        World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
          And then the complaining will really begin - I can almost see the threads now!

"Still no IPL?!? WTF?!?"

"No Indian Domestic Competition?"

"Spinners still overpowered"

"TendulkarIsGod is a Cheater!!!"

And so on...
          Lets not lose temper and wait for it...

Comment

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
            Lets not lose temper and wait for it...
            Don't get me wrong - most of the complaining won't be coming from me, and hopefully, anything I have to say will be well thought out and constructive - I just know from experience the kinds of threads we'll see when the ICC2011 forum opens up. I could be wrong, however. Prove me wrong, people, prove me wrong!
            World Serious Cricket

Comment

Don't get me wrong - most of the complaining won't be coming from me, and hopefully, anything I have to say will be well thought out and constructive - I just know from experience the kinds of threads we'll see when the ICC2011 forum opens up. I could be wrong, however. Prove me wrong, people, prove me wrong!
              @rock_cool2003

Phylos has a point. Essp the "xxxxx is a cheater". It happens every year in the brief 6 week period after launch when people can be bothered to play online. The profusion of save game editors (there are at least 3 I know of) means this may always be the case.
              Given that - it still baffles me why Chris doesn't take the bull by the horns and introduce an "in game" version with some level of control and auto notification for online play. As a wise man once said "Better be in the pen pi$$^&%^ out than outside the pen getting pi$$^% on" but that's just my way of looking at it.

As for spinners being overpowered..they have been dominant since ICC, and remain so to this day, don't expect that to change any time soon. I often play one full time seamer, a part timer (not even an all-rounder, just a batter who can bowl a bit) and three spinners of different types (LS, OB and OLA). Spinners on after 8-10 overs, and never taken off again. Just rotate the resting one

IPL is not going to ever happen per se, though a "generic Indian" 20 over competition might be introduced I suppose. IPL would want far too much money.

Indian domestic competition. Well that's GOT TO come one day. Too big to leave out forever. Whether it's this time or not...who knows?

Scritty
              The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Im curious as to whether the updated Australian squads with the right players playing for the right teams will be out. As a WA fan i'm quite keen to score tons with Travis Birt and Bowl teams out with Mark Cameron.

Comment

Originally posted by Ausathon View Post
                  Im curious as to whether the updated Australian squads with the right players playing for the right teams will be out. As a WA fan i'm quite keen to score tons with Travis Birt and Bowl teams out with Mark Cameron.
                  That one will be tricky with the states still trying to finalize their teams. Maybe this is part of the release delay?
                  World Serious Cricket

Comment

I'm imagine that those sort of things can be easily rectified by a patch anyway so they wouldn't delay the release

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                      I'm imagine that those sort of things can be easily rectified by a patch anyway so they wouldn't delay the release
                      True. But between the state sides and the new city sides for the BBL, it'd be one heck of a patch. Wouldn't even be worth releasing the Australian Domestic Competition with the amount of changes that would need to be made.
                      World Serious Cricket

Comment

True. But between the state sides and the new city sides for the BBL, it'd be one heck of a patch. Wouldn't even be worth releasing the Australian Domestic Competition with the amount of changes that would need to be made.
                        Didn't they do a world cup patch though. Instead of a new game mode this'd just be adding a competition. If it is too hard however, I wouldn't mind just having the competition like last year with the state players playing for the t20 teams. Or even just not including the BBL at all. It's just t20 after all.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                          Didn't they do a world cup patch though. Instead of a new game mode this'd just be adding a competition. If it is too hard however, I wouldn't mind just having the competition like last year with the state players playing for the t20 teams. Or even just not including the BBL at all. It's just t20 after all.
                          Did they even play games in the BBL last year? Wasn't it only 1 game against each other team, or something daft like that? I mean, I don't mind, but I know the Sheffield Shield and the Ryobi Cup have the teams playing each other twice - just seemed odd to have a different format for the T20 competition. That said, this years BBL should be much, much worse...
                          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Did they even play games in the BBL last year? Wasn't it only 1 game against each other team, or something daft like that? I mean, I don't mind, but I know the Sheffield Shield and the Ryobi Cup have the teams playing each other twice - just seemed odd to have a different format for the T20 competition. That said, this years BBL should be much, much worse...
                            Too many games and we face looking like the English season - cluttered. I liked how they did 10 FC, 10 one-dayers and 5 t20s. All that's happening here is an extra 2 t20s because of the extra 2 teams so that everyone still plays everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                              Too many games and we face looking like the English season - cluttered. I liked how they did 10 FC, 10 one-dayers and 5 t20s. All that's happening here is an extra 2 t20s because of the extra 2 teams so that everyone still plays everyone.
                              That's not so bad, I suppose. Pity the pay scale isn't reflected in the amount of games played...
                              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Working...
                              X