Stories in ICC2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories in ICC2012

So, who's planning on writing a story in ICC2011? If so, which team are you going to focus on, and what approach are you going to take?
    Last edited by Phylos Fett; 06-16-2011, 03:15 AM.
    World Serious Cricket

You mean ICC2011

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
      So, who's planning on writing a story in ICC2012? If so, which team are you going to focus on, and what approach are you going to take?
      *2011. I'd think about writing a story if I had the time, maybe in the holidays. And as for what team, it's more fun when you don't always win and when results are sometimes unexpected so maybe Sri Lanka or West Indies to see how they go. Or even Australia seeing as how we've been performing recently. As for the approach I guess it would be in the normal story format, however I would try to include as many screen shots as possible because I think that it improves the story. Plus it's more interesting to the viewer when they have visual representation. A few paragraphs with photos is generally more appealing then a wall of text, at least in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
        You mean ICC2011
        Freudian Slip, maybe?
        World Serious Cricket

Comment

I was thinking about a couple of stories - in one I'd like to take one of the weakest teams (I like Bangladesh) and see if I can build them up to be the top side. I'd like to do the normal screenshots, story, and so forth, and supplement it with an extensive spreadsheet for the players and the team. Usually I select my team from the best domestic players, as a team that is doing this bad needs to be built from the ground up.

In another story I'd like to do something a bit different - a team where every player has to be 30 or older, or left-handed, or an all-rounder to get selected. Obviously, once they fulfill that requirement, the selection will be merit based. I'd want a team that has a big pool of players to pick from.

Just a couple of ideas that I have kicking around.
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

It'd be nice if we could get someone to do a story about each of the test playing nations.
            World Serious Cricket

Comment

If I wrote a story I'd probably do it over on the PlanetCricket forums rather than here. Normally I don't have the patience though. Got about 5 matches through my Tasmania story before I stopped writing updates

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                If I wrote a story I'd probably do it over on the PlanetCricket forums rather than here. Normally I don't have the patience though. Got about 5 matches through my Tasmania story before I stopped writing updates
                Weren't doing well?
                World Serious Cricket

Comment

Nah I was doing alright but I lost the motivation. Was taking me a couple of hours for each update and I was doing them pretty in depth.

Comment

I might do a NZ story for 2011 if no one else wants to do one.
                    Don't know if i'll get the game straight away tho.

Comment

I'll propably do a zimbabwe story as im a zim fan and am very much looking forward to their return to test cricket. It will be a big challenge but i think it'll make a good story. That's is zimbabwe are playable in ICC2011...

Comment

I think I might start a story with my old 2009 team the West Indies... getting that itch to play ICC again, and stories on this forum are really nice and low maintenance...

Comment

Just a little off topic - does anyone know how to change the name of a thread, or is that an Admin job?
                          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Normally if you click edit on the first post (if it's your post) and then go advanced options you should be able to change it

Comment

Doesn't seem to - oh well - I'll just have to live in the future with this title
                              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Working...
                              X