Australia's Big Bash League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia's Big Bash League

The Big Bash League is to use a Free Agent system.

Should be an interesting first year. It'll be interesting to see how it is implimented in game, too!
    World Serious Cricket

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
    The Big Bash League is to use a Free Agent system.

Should be an interesting first year. It'll be interesting to see how it is implimented in game, too!
    Yeah, I'd like to see how they implement free agents. Maybe they could finally show multiple teams the players play for instead of the single one they have now which doesn't work as well. E.g. David Hussey plays for Notts and Victoria, but it only shows Notts. Bit harsh on the developers though seeing as lots of people are asking about when the release date is. They could always do a Valve though. http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
      Yeah, I'd like to see how they implement free agents. Maybe they could finally show multiple teams the players play for instead of the single one they have now which doesn't work as well. E.g. David Hussey plays for Notts and Victoria, but it only shows Notts. Bit harsh on the developers though seeing as lots of people are asking about when the release date is. They could always do a Valve though. http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time
      Don't tease me with the thought of that kind of detail! (Oh - nice link, btw!)

Although, now that I think of it - if you play the Australian Domestic Competition, does that mean you have to now pick a State Side (for the Sheffield Shield and Ryobi Cup) and a City Side (of the KFC Big Bash League)? Or only a City Side if you are playing as Victoria or NSW? Maybe I should stop thinking about it before I give myself (and the developers) a headache (or nightmares)...
      World Serious Cricket

Comment

Don't tease me with the thought of that kind of detail! (Oh - nice link, btw!)

Although, now that I think of it - if you play the Australian Domestic Competition, does that mean you have to now pick a State Side (for the Sheffield Shield and Ryobi Cup) and a City Side (of the KFC Big Bash League)? Or only a City Side if you are playing as Victoria or NSW? Maybe I should stop thinking about it before I give myself (and the developers) a headache (or nightmares)...
        That is a really interesting question. I for one would also like to know. Might be tough to implement however.

Comment

That is a really interesting question. I for one would also like to know. Might be tough to implement however.
          After thinking about it, I think it can be done, because there'll be no clash between the different games, and as far as in-game goes, they can probably use a system similar to that when you select a domestic team and earn the right to captain an international team. So you can happily play along as NSW and then when it's time for you to take over as the Adelaide Alcoholics (or whatever they'll be called) you only get to look at the Big Bash League (it is still the KFC BBL, isn't it?), until it is over, and then resume the season as per usual. Of course, when you earn the right to captain Australia, that'll trump both the other teams, and add an additional level to the equation, but it should all be possible. Might be confusing at first, though.

Bet the developers wished they'd decided to do the NZ Domestic Competition instead
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

After thinking about it, I think it can be done, because there'll be no clash between the different games, and as far as in-game goes, they can probably use a system similar to that when you select a domestic team and earn the right to captain an international team. So you can happily play along as NSW and then when it's time for you to take over as the Adelaide Alcoholics (or whatever they'll be called) you only get to look at the Big Bash League (it is still the KFC BBL, isn't it?), until it is over, and then resume the season as per usual. Of course, when you earn the right to captain Australia, that'll trump both the other teams, and add an additional level to the equation, but it should all be possible. Might be confusing at first, though.

Bet the developers wished they'd decided to do the NZ Domestic Competition instead
            Fair enough, that does make some sense. FYI they're the Adelaide Strikers not the Alcoholics. I should be offended by that, but instead I find it funny. I don't really care if they do or don't implement this as I am a bit disappointed that CA couldn't just do a bit of re-modelling of the current system instead of this horrible reboot.

ANd yeah the NZ Domestic Competition would've been easier, but there's not quite the market to warrant it ahead of Aus.

Comment

FYI they're the Adelaide Strikers not the Alcoholics.
              My bad. Just sounded better at the time than the Brisbane Bogans, or the Hobart Hobos
              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Oh, and a sensible thing, IMNSHO, would have been to reschedule the BBL to a time in the season when the Australian International players would have been available to play, leave the teams in the hands of the States, and push the competition that way to draw the crowds.
                World Serious Cricket

Comment

Oh, and a sensible thing, IMNSHO, would have been to reschedule the BBL to a time in the season when the Australian International players would have been available to play, leave the teams in the hands of the States, and push the competition that way to draw the crowds.
                  Yeah, that would certainly make more sense. Plus the only team without other cricket at that time are the WIndies. So there won't be much overseas talent available either.

Comment

Working...
                  X