Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings

I know how the Team Ratings in ICC2010 work, but how do the Player Ratings work?
    World Serious Cricket

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
    I know how the Team Ratings in ICC2010 work, but how do the Player Ratings work?
    If by that you mean the 'stars' of form then they are a mixture of scores in the last 12 innings and, I presume, the 'hidden' rating. So if they have a higher hidden rating then they'll need more runs to be in good form. E.g. if a tail ender has 1 50 in their last 12 innings they may have a form rating of 5 stars because 50 is very good for them. Whereas a top-order batsman with 1 50 in 12 innings would have almost no form. Is this what you wanted? Sorry if it wasn't.

Comment

I understood him to mean the rankings of international players under the "World Ratings" tab. I don't know how they work, except that we are told they take the quality of opposition into account. I would guess there is a formula to convert their performance in a game into a score out of about 100. This is then multiplied by a factor for the relative strength of his team vs. the opposition. A rolling tally of these figures for the last ten games makes up his ranking. A deductively sound hypothesis given virtually no data, if I do say so myself!

Comment

I think the player rankings uses a system similar, if not identical, to the one the ICC uses when it publishes it's player rankings.

The team rankings however are much more simplified, offering 2 points for a series win and 1 for a draw. This is an area I'd like to see improved with the addition of a more authentic Test ranking system where points are awarded depending on the margin of the series victory and strength of opposition.

Comment

I'd guess the player ones are similar to what 6ry4nj said. I always found that players get really high bowling ratings (900+) but the top batting ratings were pretty low in comparison

Comment

Thanks guys - I thought it might have been similar to the one that the ICC uses, but does anyone really know how that works?
            World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
              I think the player rankings uses a system similar, if not identical, to the one the ICC uses when it publishes it's player rankings.

The team rankings however are much more simplified, offering 2 points for a series win and 1 for a draw. This is an area I'd like to see improved with the addition of a more authentic Test ranking system where points are awarded depending on the margin of the series victory and strength of opposition.
              I agree. Imagine you're playing as England and you smash the Aussies 5-0 down under. You get the same amount of rating points for that as you would for beating them 1-0. It should be calculated for every match. I would also like to see some T20 Rankings to give the games more meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDevil666 View Post
                I agree. Imagine you're playing as England and you smash the Aussies 5-0 down under. You get the same amount of rating points for that as you would for beating them 1-0. It should be calculated for every match. I would also like to see some T20 Rankings to give the games more meaning.
                The ICC said they would introduce T20 rankings in the near future when enough series' had been played.

Comment

Working...
                X