Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features in ICC 2011?

Hello Sureshot,
    ICC 2010 was released on 9 June and I m thinking of ICC 2011 nearly it. Before releasing ICC 2011, Can you please tell me what features does ICC 2011 will includes?
    e.g IPL or any domestic league.

I am a fan of IPL and expecting IPL. So please tell me the features of ICC 2011 ?

I don't think buying the rights to use the IPL in the game from the BCCI is in the development budget for the game...
    World Serious Cricket

Comment

I am personally very dissapointed in the way this organization handles customers.I have purchased every one of your ICC games for the past many years and each time you keep silent about your release and make no attempt to market,advise or encourage your customer base.The least you can do is advise those interested of the next release but instead there appears to be arrogance and distance.You will lose your customer base and quite frankly deservedly so.

Comment

Originally posted by StanH View Post
        I am personally very dissapointed in the way this organization handles customers.I have purchased every one of your ICC games for the past many years and each time you keep silent about your release and make no attempt to market,advise or encourage your customer base.The least you can do is advise those interested of the next release but instead there appears to be arrogance and distance.You will lose your customer base and quite frankly deservedly so.
        Perhaps they are keeping quiet until they are sure exactly what is going to be in the released version. While there are undoubtably numerous additions to the game that they are working on, and would love to implement in this (and future) versions, there are probably things that won't see the final version. Would you prefer them to say that they are going to add D/L, UDRS, and the New Zealand domestic competition, only to find that when the final version came out they had to scrap one or more of these to bring the game out on time? More than likely when they have something to announce, they will announce it.
        World Serious Cricket

Comment

Yup, when we can announce we will. There's been some restrictions this year that have made things tricky, there's no point saying we'll do this, this and this, only to find out that we can't actually do them. It'd be silly of us to make promises we can't keep, that helps no one.

On the OP, at this exact moment I cannot reveal what we are doing. I'll have a chat with Chris and see if we can have an official announcement on 2011 at the moment.

Comment

What you guys could always do is simply rename the IPL to ISL for Indian Super League like Cricket Coach. If not, you could try ICL for Indian Champions League. You guys can still use all the teams from IPL right? Maybe you guys can create a very good game editor like Cricket Coach because we love editing the game, we just like it to be easy!

Comment

Originally posted by lightspeed15 View Post
              Maybe you guys can create a very good game editor like Cricket Coach because we love editing the game, we just like it to be easy!
              We do?!? Really?!?
              World Serious Cricket

Comment

how an editor can be justified it will ruine all the fun of the game... sorry cann't support u on this bro

Comment

I meant to edit jerseys and things guys, not players!

Comment

Originally posted by lightspeed15 View Post
                    I meant to edit jerseys and things guys, not players!
                    Well you drew an example from cricket coach and the prime thing that cricket coach lets you edit is the players so that's why people are assuming you want to edit players.

Comment

Ahh..now I see your point. But ICC could always ake you have to redownload the original roster before you try to connect online?

Comment

Wouldn't work with save games, though. Doing it that method, you'd effectively have to force everyone to use default squads, which I don't think would be worthwhile.

Re: Editor. We've said before that an editor that allows you to make players better/worse/have three arms isn't going to happen in an official method. However, we have acknowledged the issues with player abilities and it's something we're working on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                          Wouldn't work with save games, though. Doing it that method, you'd effectively have to force everyone to use default squads, which I don't think would be worthwhile.

Re: Editor. We've said before that an editor that allows you to make players better/worse/have three arms isn't going to happen in an official method. However, we have acknowledged the issues with player abilities and it's something we're working on.
                          I was really looking forward to the possibility of having players with three arms. It would be really helpful in terms of catching things. But then again I would prefer 4 arms as then you keep your good balance.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                            I was really looking forward to the possibility of having players with three arms. It would be really helpful in terms of catching things. But then again I would prefer 4 arms as then you keep your good balance.
                            No, no - if players had 3 arms, the developers would have to redo all the player stats to represent whether they were Left, Right, or Other as far as batsman or bowlers - it's more of a 2012 change, I think
                            World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
                              No, no - if players had 3 arms, the developers would have to redo all the player stats to represent whether they were Left, Right, or Other as far as batsman or bowlers - it's more of a 2012 change, I think
                              Lol yeah, that does make sense. Something to work on then. But then they may have to release a spin-off to ICC - ICM: International Cricket Mutations.

Comment

Working...
                              X