Game Crash - Help! ICC10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Crash - Help! ICC10

Can somebody more computer literate than me please assist.

I get an `MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close` after a short time, each time i load and continue playing.

Any idea what it is and what I can do to sort it??

Thanks

Are there any common steps you take to get such a crash? Or is it completely random each time?

Comment

No, i just keep playing as normal, saving as i go, then it seems to just decide its had enough, no one particular action seems to trigger it

Comment

I believe ICC runs in the .NET environment.

There is a very good chance that re-installing/updating the right version of .NET (free Mircorosft download) will fix it. In my experience about 60% of game issues are .NET related and a reinstall/install or fix tends to sort it.

There are several versions though, so check the .readme file that ships with the game to make sure you update the right one.

Scritty
        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I had a .NET windows update and ive just re-booted after installing so maybe that was it.

Thanks for your advice though

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
            I believe ICC runs in the .NET environment.

There is a very good chance that re-installing/updating the right version of .NET (free Mircorosft download) will fix it. In my experience about 60% of game issues are .NET related and a reinstall/install or fix tends to sort it.

There are several versions though, so check the .readme file that ships with the game to make sure you update the right one.

Scritty
            NET frameworks are backwards compatible - there's no reason to get an earlier version.

Comment

Indeed, though a fresh install along with cleaning out the old ones can do the trick.

With stability issues like this, the first port of call is to do a fresh install of the game. Then it's just a case of trial by error. .NET, Visual C packages, graphics drivers, etc.

Unfortunately, they are quite vague. Be useful if they came with a massive neon sign saying "ERROR HERE", wouldn't it?

Comment

Working...
              X