Netbook Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netbook Solution!

After searching a lot on how to get ICC 2010 to work on my netbook, I have finally found the solution!

If you have a netbook or small laptop with a screen not bigger than 10.1", your screen resolution probably does not go bigger than 1024x600. This would mean that every time you try to start up ICC 2010, it says that the minimum resolution required to run the game is 1024x768.

NOT TO WORRY!

With a simple tweak in your netbook's registry, you can get 1024x768 and 1152x864 as screen resolution options.

Go Here and Follow These Instructions.

Before launching the game, set your resolution to 1024x768 using the usual right-click on desktop method. When you're done switch it back to normal.

Let me know if you have any problems in doing so. There shouldn't be - its absolutely safe and easy to do so!

ENJOY THE GAME!
    (OMG FINALLY EH!?)
    Last edited by mikaalw0; 03-28-2011, 10:00 AM.

Whilst this solution can work, it is not something that we will support and is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Whilst this solution can work, it is not something that we will support and is done at your own risk.
      What elements of risk are involved? I don't have a notebook, but just for future reference.

Comment

I would think that the risks in doing this are to do with the screen of your netbook. Netbooks are only supposed to show a certain resolution because the screen can only handle a certain resolution. Anything higher than that and you'll encounter problems. To be honest, I didn't think you could do something like this because of the effect it would have on your screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
          What elements of risk are involved? I don't have a notebook, but just for future reference.
          2 possible side effects.

Font "squashing" - so the characters (and other screen elements) are compressed and bits are missing or

Forced Scrolling - Where the full screen is rendered, but at any one time 10-15% of it is not shown and you need to scroll up or down to see it.

If your netbook GFX solution can handle it - it doesn't get hot (which it shouldn't - it's not a massive workload) and you are prepared to put up with the issues above, then this should work.

The screen only displays what is sent to it, and the compression or selection of which part of the image to send is done beforehand (as it were).

But check your own model first. The results (and slight risks) could vary dependent on GFX solution, OS, native screen size and GFX interface type (analog or digital)

Check your machines manual or website, ask a question on the manufactureres forum or support board or whatever.

Scritty
          The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Working...
          X