Patch Installation Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Installation Error

I'm getting this error message when I try and install the new patch, can someone please point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to install it?

same problem here

Comment

ok what worked for me when this error came up is...

delete cricket captain and all files, then when u have reinstalled again, make sure your anti virus is turned off, then right click cricket captain and run the game as administrator, then the game will open, click on internet game, download the patch and leave it on that screen whilst it is downloading, then when dowloaded click ok and it will take you out and you should work.

good luck

Comment

Have you made any changes to the game, such as using the un-official editors that are around?

Please read the sticky thread I just put up at the top of the forum and see if the advice in there helps. If it doesn't, then we can go from there.

Nilet - You don't need to uninstall the game to get it to work. Turning off anti-virus and firewall along with Run As Administrator will work in majority of cases where people have issues patching, uninstalling the game isn't necessary for this.

Comment

Hey, got the same problem, not altered anything, no editors nothing like that or no cd's, never changed the .exe.

Running windows 7, run as administrator with firewalls turned off.

Regards

Comment

i did all the things advised i.e firewall and anti virus off and still getting same message

any advice would be gratefully accepted

vic

btw i am using vista

Comment

I still can't get it to work, and I'm getting the same error as I posted above.

These are the things I've done:

Turned off the firewall
              Tried it on my account where I have five saves, none of which have been edited
              Tried it on the administrator account where I have no saves

I've never done any editing, except I did have an edited save on my account which I deleted, and I have no other programs running.

Any ideas?

Comment

Ok, I just reinstalled the game, and it worked.

I must have unintentionally done something to the exe file.

Comment

i just reinstalled the game and it worked no problems
                  obviously an issue with the existing game and the patch

can't believe we both altered the exe file

Comment

It isn't an issue with the patch, the problem is somewhere within your system, be it related to administrator privileges or anti-virus/firewall (some of these won't actually turn off, even if you turn it off, so it's often best to actually turn down the control settings within the anti-virus/firewall). Editing can cause other issues too.

Turning down the UAC can also help.

It's just a case of finding what in your system is stopping the game from patching.

If you've got the download version, re-installing is quite an easy way to get around the issue, the save files shouldn't be touched if you uninstall the game, but I'd recommend backing them up anyway.

Comment

Hey guys ever since i tried to update patch via 'Internet Games' I havent been able to open my game. I have reinstalled it to see if that would change anything but that didnt work! The message that keeps on coming up everytime i attempt to open is 'The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accesed. You may not have the appropraite permissions. ?? any ideas would be much appreciated

Comment

Hi Munners,

What system are you running?

Hmm, a google reckons it might be a problem with Windows 7. Have you got all your latest system updates?

Can you access the ICC folder in your system?

Not an error I've come across before, but it sounds related to an issue with your system from all the research I've done.

Comment

It is only an error with the shortcut. Maybe it's just out-of-date - pointing to the wrong drive - something like that?

@Munners, can you access the ..\Program Files\Childish Things directory, so as to get to the program (cricket.exe) itself? If so, what happens when you run that?

Also, are you logged on as administrator?

Comment

See my replay in other thread.

Daniel.

Comment

Working...
                            X