International Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Mode

Is it just me, or is International mode impossible this year. I rarely win a test series. I do OK in T20s but suck in ODIs. I strrugle to score 250, regardless of my batting strategy. The CPU can easily chase 300+ but my largest chase is like 260. All my bowlers average over 35 in tests. I'm an ICC veteran too, been playing since ICC 2000.

How do you take wickets in tests? How do you bat well in ODIS?

EDIT: I play as Sri Lanka. I feel I have a pretty strong squad
    Check out my ICC fixture editor

I also play exclusively as Sri Lanka, and I've noticed that my team has no trouble chasing down huge targets in dead rubbers, or the last game of a 5 ODI series.

Australia were up 4-0 after my batting and/or bowling had failed in all the games of the series. In the last game, Australia ran up 291. Despite my batsmen having badly struggled earlier (all out for under or around 200, once all out for 77), we chased down 292 with plenty of overs to spare and only two wickets down.

Similar situation when I played against South Africa. They had won the series with big victories. Last ODI, dead rubber, I knocked off 275 without breaking a sweat.

Comment

I got the game a couple of weeks or so ago and started a game as Pak. Pak are decent but they're defo not the strongest team. I'm at the start of my 4th season and have only now recorded my 1st test series win, against Aus at home, won it 2-1. I won the 1st ODI series I played away to Eng and I've just won the latest ODI at home to Aus but most of the ODI series I've played I've lost. I've played previous versions a fair bit and yes 2010 does seem to be a bit harder. I dont mind that however, the game I think possibly needed to be a bit more challenging, as long as it's more challenging in a fair way.

I find batting in ODIs most challenging of all. This is because sometimes your batsmen can get bogged down to a ridiculous extent whereby scratching just a single anywhere seems beyond them so they face dot after dot. This is unfair and a bit of a fault in the gameplay I think more than a strategic challenge the game is facing you with.
      Last edited by El_Zigi; 03-03-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X