Terrible start for england in the WC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible start for england in the WC

Rubbish bowling against a poor team and they still make us look bad. We try and bowl short all the time, what is with that? bowl at the stumps, bowl slower balls, they are just running in bowling as fast as possible, it's like the watched australia yesterday and tried to copy them, when we dont have as good seam bowlers in ODI's.

Dissapointed to say the least, but half expected, England won't get too far, they will be lucky to get out of this group, i can see West Indies and Bangladesh beating us.

Ryan ten Doeschate is an absolute legend! He averages about 70 with the bat in ODIs after 28 matches!

Comment

Ten doeschate's one of my favourite non australian players since watching him in last years county t20 tournie. Remember though his odi average is boosted from playing against all the other minnows. Tom Cooper's averaging in the mid 60s iirc aswell in odis. Netherlands have a decent batting line up, too bad they didn't have the bowling to finish it off.
      Anyone know where the Jonkman's were for Nethlands? I haven't seen either of the brothers bowl yet but they both have good averages and i thought Mark was ment to have some pace to him?

Comment

Originally posted by outbreak View Post
        Ten doeschate's one of my favourite non australian players since watching him in last years county t20 tournie. Remember though his odi average is boosted from playing against all the other minnows. Tom Cooper's averaging in the mid 60s iirc aswell in odis. Netherlands have a decent batting line up, too bad they didn't have the bowling to finish it off.
        Anyone know where the Jonkman's were for Nethlands? I haven't seen either of the brothers bowl yet but they both have good averages and i thought Mark was ment to have some pace to him?
        Both the Jonkman brothers are banned because of their bowling actions and they are trying to make them legal.

Comment

Someone on another forum told me this. I thought only Mark was reported and had herd he had been cleared. Guess i herd wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by nilet View Post
            We try and bowl short all the time, what is with that? .
            They didn't seem in the slightest bit bothered by the short ball. Bumble asked for a graphic to show how many balls in the first 10 overs would have hit the stumps.

NONE

All short and rubbish on a pudding slow pitch. Not pitching it up rules out bowled and LBW, pitching it as short as they did almost rules out caught at slip as well.
            I mean bowling short ball after short ball at barely 80mph on a pudding pitch...how exactly did they think they were going to get wickets?

Broad bowled 3 full length balls in his entire spell, took out middle stump with two of them (one didn't count casue Colly was asleep outside the fielding ring)

When all the other sides play 4 or even 5 spinners (as both WI and SA did today) England go in with 4 seamers.

It's like the slapping they got in '96 taught them nothing.

Worse still, the criticism is only of the execution of the plans. Meanng I suspect they think the plans themselves are good (i.e barrage of short stuff from bowlers barely fast enough to execute them)

Heard phrases like "Bomb out Sehwag"?

The only bombing that will happen if they try that tactic will be in the 25th row of the stands as the ball clatters into the crowd over and over again.

England's "think tank" needs renaming "stink tank" maybe?

We will get destroyed with this plan on Sunday, and deservedly so.

One bright spot for me though, after all the constant jibes about England being a SA second XI.

SA named a world cup squad with 2 players either born in or who previously represented other countries, one of them Imran Tahir was a Pakistan registered player and even played for the Pakistan under 19's.

Anyway - back on topic. England, on current form , essp if they go with the ridiculous plans they seem intent on will be smashed out of sight on Sunday.

Scritty
            The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

i agree with you totally, its another shocker by the coach and captain, yardy who has played the majority of the odi over the last year, bowled very well, i dont rate him as an all round cricket at all but his bowling in odi is very good, nice left arm spinner who keeps it tight, we dont need 4 seamers, we have ravi bopara who can bowl medium pace better than collingwood, we need 2 front line spinner not KP to tweak a few that go into the stands for 6!

Bopara and prior should bat above collingwood, they will score runs faster and collingwood would be ideal to finish an innings as he has the experience to handle the pressure.

broad and anderson need to take a look at each other and sort it out, it was a pathetic effort against holland, and dont get me wrong the two dutch lads batted well, but they are not in the same league as a team to india, i dont think we stand a chance but knowing how unpredictable england are they could somehow win.

I cant see them going through, i think bangladesh could very well beat us, we should be west indies, but u never know, if gayle or pollard are on form its a tough one.

south africa should be just about anybody with their lineup apart from robin peterson who should be swapped for a batsmen..

and on robin peterson he isent on cricket captain for the south africa team, he came to england as a kolpak player but since returned to international stage, hasnt jaques rudolph done the same too? anyway that is a side topic.

England have no game plan, unlike the top teams, Australia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, thats in order of likely winners in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X