Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change the default save game location ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change the default save game location ?

My computer crashed last month . I can't access the save game folder anymore . When I open the game it can not access the old save games or create new save game because the folder is not accessible . I need to change the save game location/directory .

I'm pretty sure Windows error messages don't ask you to have coffee. That looks like a prank, otherwise it's a virus or malware. How up-to-date is your virus protection?

I doubt there is any way to change the save game directory. Talk to a professional (computer service person).

Comment

"Would you like have some coffe"

Thats funny

Windows never says such type of error.

You can check your administrator rights through which you have entered
      After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
      Is my Next Dream

Comment

That's me edited the boring error message box .

There must be something to change the save gave location . Old versions of ICC saves game in main installation folder . Only the current version have this problem-

C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Application Data\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2010

When the windows crashes and you repair . You'll see this . Windows user folders don't recognize the administrator sometimes .

Comment

Are you logged on as 'admin'? If you are not then logging on as 'admin' would be a good first step to fixing the problem.

Can you access the "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Application Data\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2010" folder using other applications such as Windows Explorer? If you can, you can copy the contents to the equivalent folder for another user (or for "All Users"). Then when you login as the other user you will have access. Even if you can't access the old saves, running the program as a new user with admin privileges (eg. 'admin2') should mean new saves will save to a new folder.

If Windows access to this directory is totally corrupted, I don't like your chances. But talk to a professional just in case. You can retrieve data off virtually anything - could be expensive is all.

Comment

Going back to the root of the issue, what caused that crash last month? Did you look in to it at all? If you know the date it occured, I'd suggest looking at the Event Logs. Go to the date it crashed and one of the logs will give information on why it crashed, could be looking at something serious.

You're on XP (unless my brain is mis-remembering, fun word, that dialog box skin), or are you using an XP skin?

In my experience of XP, it's quite a fragile OS and really should be freshly installed yearly to maintain stability and performance. However, that's a general tip rather than a solution to this problem.

That said, I don't know of a way around that, to me it's just shouting "re-install OS" something pretty serious has borked your permissions to stop access to the folder and allowing you to play the game.

Do you have any other issues on that PC since?

In terms of accessing the folder, check your admin permissions, do what 6ry4nj said. I don't know of a way of altering the save game location. How confident are you with computers?

As it sounds like a corrupted OS, your data will be recoverable and you can do it for nothing if you're "comfortable" with computers. I used a Linux Live CD when my last XP install corrupted to transfer data on to a Flash Drive.

Comment

It's XP . I only had problems with sports interactive and childish things folders .

I repaired my XP yesterday . Problem was still there . Then I used some software to copy the save files from hard disk location . Bypassed that corrupted folder . After that I copied my save files to another folder .

Then I tried to delete the corrupted "Childish Things" directory . But it won't delete- "access is denied" .

I used the same trick to delete it . Copied save games back into the new created directory folder . And that solved my problem .

But still I don't like the new save directory . I want it in F:\ICC2010 folder . Is there any way to change it ?

Last edited by str; 01-29-2011, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Sorry for delay in reply.

What software did you use to bypass the corrupt folder and create new directory?

By repair XP, I presume you mean you used the repair option on the install CD, or did you system restore?

If the problem is still there, I'd suggest a backup to external hard-drive and a fresh install. Even if you can bypass, that kind of instability is never a good thing to be having kicking around.

I doubt you can alter the save directory, without inducing some significant issues.

Comment

Working...
                X