No announcement yet.

What is the coaching effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the names of training categories themselves are pretty descriptive of what they do, aren't they? Like Aggressive Shots, Leg Side shots, Aggressive Bowling, Accuracy, etc, may be the developers could've been a little more descriptive about General Technique but I suppose it's pretty obvious considering the other categories that it is something that improves general batting/bowling-skill.
    Last edited by enigma; 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by enigma View Post
      I think the names of training categories themselves are pretty descriptive of what they do, aren't they? Like Aggressive Shots, Leg Side shots, Aggressive Bowling, Accuracy, etc, may be the developers could've been a little more descriptive about General Technique but I suppose it's pretty obvious considering the other categories that it is something that improves general batting/bowling-skill.
      That was a bad example on my part. I didn't exactly go into detail in my last post. Yes, leg-side shots training is obviously self-explanatory. But does this mean that each player has a seperate rating for leg-side shots etc? That's one of many things people on this forum speculate about and I simply cannot understand why Sureshot cannot come on here and say no they don't have seperate ratings or, yes they do. Is that going to ruin the game for people? Eh, hardly. It would enhance players understanding of what's going on behind the scenes which would in turn enhance their enjoyment I would imagine. If the answer is no, there are no seperate ratings, then fine, end of speculation, end of topic.

Here's something else people might speculate about off the top of my head. Captaincy selection. Does this have any effect on how your team performs? You can't tell me that there is anyway of knowing from playing the game if it does or not. So we speculate. If you change captain for a series say, and do well in that series having previously done poorly, the change of captain may or may not have had a beneficial effect, there's no way of knowing. If the the answer is no, captaincy selection doesn't have an effect on team performance, then that's the end of speculation. If the answer is yes, then we all have a better understanding of what's going on, to use this term again, behind the scenes, and we are now aware that this is something to keep an eye on while playing the game, which is a good thing to know as far as enjoying the game goes.

That example came off the top of my head, so if it's already known that cap selection has no effect on team performance I was unaware. But it is just one of many examples of speculation that could be put to bed and there is no good reason I can think off why it shouldn't. I'll say it again, nobody is looking for tips or a detailed breakdown of the games inner workings.

Comment

I'm curious as to the games inner working, but I am also the kind of person that reads the rules section of a new RPG before I read the rest of the game, and usually have notes on things I'd change before I have finished a read through or rolled dice.

That said, it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game - I'm just curious by nature. If I know I can't know the answer to something, I just get on with things.
        World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by El_Zigi View Post
          But does this mean that each player has a seperate rating for leg-side shots etc?
          Well, training does what they tell us it does so why would it matter how it is being done inside the game, be it through a rating or some other mechanism? So it's hardly something which is going to revolutionize the way we play the game.

I simply cannot understand why Sureshot cannot come on here and say no they don't have seperate ratings or, yes they do.
          May be he should do that but as I've said, in case of training, it's not an issue because we're told it improves the players & it does. On the other hand, issues of batting/bowling-skill, inadequate playing conditions, etc are somewhat different as we're made to believe one thing but that's not how it actually works.

Captaincy selection. Does this have any effect on how your team performs? You can't tell me that there is anyway of knowing from playing the game if it does or not.
          Well, we're the ones controlling everything so why would it matter who's selected as captain, otherwise what'd be the point of us running the team? And IF it did have any relevance then the best captain will automatically be selected as does the game select the Keeper as the Keeper & not some other player, the game even selects the best XI.

Again, should the developers clarify on this, may be they should.

Comment

Working...
          X