The Future of Bangladeshi Cricket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Bangladeshi Cricket!

I am very new to cricket management games, so much so that I only found out about this game and its series of games two days ago!!

Anyway I bought the game via download and have decided to do a story with Bangladesh! Not going to be easy as I know very little about cricket in Bangladesh but I have always had a soft spot for the underdog!!

Here goes at trying to make Bangladesh the best team on the planet!! Wish me luck, I am going to need it!

After half an hour looking through the players at my disposal this is the team for the World Cup Twenty20! My group is not promising as I face Australia and Pakistan!

(if you cannot view the screen shot could someone please tell how to do this successfully)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CanaryAsh6; 12-22-2010, 06:01 PM.

The attached image worked perfectly. The imageshack image would also have worked, but the link you have given us is for the thumbnail rather than the full-size image. If you take the ".th" out from the end of the URL, that will work perfectly too.

Comment

My first game of the World Cup Twenty20 was against Pakistan. The teams for the first match are as follows,

I won the toss and decided to give my bowling unit a run out on a reasonably friendly bowling surface. Would my decision pay off!

Pakistan Innings

We started well as in the second over we got the wicket of Latif, lbw by Mortaza. After the first five overs Pakistan were 39/1 and starting to look threatening. The next five overs went much the same way as Butt and Alam piled the runs on until Hossain struck and got the wicket of Butt. After 10 overs Pakistan were 79/2. The dismissal of Butt shocked Pakistan and they started to retreat back into there shells as the next three overs saw 2 wickets fall for 12 runs!! Bangladesh were back in the game and sensing this could be the start of another cricketing shock! It wasn't to be as Ul Haq and Akmal piled on the runs, going at 12 an over for 4 consecutive overs. This devastating display crushed my spin attack and with three overs left Pakistan were 155/4. Some pride was displayed by my bowlers as they managed another 3 wickets in the final 3 overs for 15 runs. This gave Pakistan a smashing total of 170/7!

Bangladesh Innings

The chase did not start well as we lost Siddique in the first over, Asif the bowler. We tried to remain calm and score well at the same time but at the end of 5 overs we were 38/2, the other opener back in dugout after he had got himself in! I thought a collapse was going to happen but the opposite occurred! We didn't lose a wicket for 10 overs and the run rate was a run behind what Pakistan's was at this stage! The wicket to fall was Ahmed, 9 runs short of a half century! After 15 overs we were 107/3. We still needed another 64 runs off the last 5 overs. This was too much to ask as at the end of the game we came 27 runs short of victory for the loss of 6 wickets. Another batsmen falling short of his half century, this time by 5 runs. Bangladesh total 144/6

A defeat that I was reasonably pleased with as we showed good composure with the bat and managed to get a few wickets. Only concern is how many runs my bowlers went for! An issue that will be looked at before the game against the Aussies!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CanaryAsh6; 12-22-2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Bangladesh v Australia

I decided on an unchanged team that battled well against Pakistan, just hoping that my bowlers would be more economical this time. It is a crunch game as Australia, 2 days prior, lost to Pakistan

We won the toss again and with a pitch good for bowlers I had to put Australia in to bat. Here are the teams.

Australia Innings

The first over Australia batted well and it looked as if my decision to bowl was the wrong one. Then in the third over we struck, Warner going lbw of Rasel's bowling. Clarke came in but didn't last long as the next over his off stump went flying, Mortaza with the wicket. More joy for Bangladesh as in the very next over Rasel grabbed 2 more wickets, disposing of Watson and Paine. After 5 overs Australia were 31/4, the decision to bowl looking like a great call. This left the two Hussey's at the crease and they started to steady the ship, with no wicket falling in the next 5 overs. 10 overs down Australia were 63/4. The brothers were proving difficult opponents as they upped the tempo. David Hussey finally went in the 14th over but his brother reached his half century. The remaining 6 overs went without loss and after a shaky start Australia managed 161/5. It all looked so promising!

Bangladesh Innings

After a tough time in the field I wanted a good start with the bat. This wasn't to be as we lost 3 wickets in the first 2 overs for 12 runs. Siddique gone again cheaply and Ahmed and Islam both with golden ducks to their name, Johnson being the linchpin. Four overs passed for a steady run rate and things were looking up until we lost 4 wickets for the same amount of overs! They were now into the tail and it was obvious to all involved what the outcome would be. The tail did show some resistance as they put on 42 runs before we were all out with the last ball of the 18th over. We were all out for 96.

After a really promising start with the ball we fell away big time. The bowlers maintained their problem with economics and my middle order didn't even turn up! All in all a disappointing loss to an Australian team that could have been beaten!

That's the Twenty20 World Cup over and work needs to be done in both departments to get the team moving forward. We bowled quite well in both games and were hit and miss with the bat. The team is young and still learning so heads will not roll yet and we will see what we can do in England. The first game being a three day match against the MCC. Wish me luck.
        Last edited by CanaryAsh6; 12-22-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

The warm-up for the first test against England came as a three day friendly against the MCC. I decided to keep most of the World Cup squad and brought in a few youngsters who were playing well in First class cricket back home . Among the changes was a 17 year old opening batsman and a 19 year old off spinner as my spinning line up was not strong at all. The full team for the game are as follows

I kept my 100% record with the toss and decided to bat on a juicy surface for batsmen

Day 1

We started gingerly with the bat and both openers looked a little nervous, especially the 17 year old. Nerves got the better of him as he edged one and second slip took a good diving catch which left us 18/1. Ahmed's namesake replaced him and him and Iqbal steadied the ship until Ahmed played at a wide one and second slip took his second catch of the morning. Hom came in at fourth and him and Iqbal batted there way to the lunchbreak without further loss and at a good pace.

Lunch 98/2

Iqbal 60* Foyle 1-11
          Hom 14* Gray 1-31

After lunch both batsmen carried on from where they left off until another one of my batsmen got in and then got out, this time it was Hom. We were 104/3 and the match was well poised. Islam came in and proved he can play at this level! Him and Iqbal stroked the ball round the park and are score was moving at a fast rate. They managed a 110 partnership with Islam reaching his half century and Iqbal accelerating to a well deserved 100! The partnership was broken just before the tea break as Islam played all round one from a Henshaw ball, lbw the verdict.

Tea 241/4

Iqbal 129* Henshaw 2-45
          Islam 56 Foyle 1-47

The tea break did nothing for the MCC bowlers as the runs kept flowing, this time it was Al Hasan and Iqbal doing the damage. Al Hasan flowed towards his half century and didn't stop there. With an hour to go the two batsmen upped the tempo and the runs kept coming. The bowlers had no answer and at the end of the day Iqbal had reached his double hundred and Al Hasan was agonizingly close to his century. A great day with the bat after an average start, Iqbal showing what a class player he is going to be! The thought of declaring was there but I wanted to see if Al Hasan could reach a tonne.

End of Day 410/4

Iqbal 218* Henshaw 2-89
          Al Hasan 94* Foyle 1-47

Day 2

It was just a matter of time before Al Hasan reached 100, it took him 1 over, the end of which saw the declaration made on 419/4.

With a great lead on the board our bowlers showed the same confidence our batsmen had done on the first day. The first wicket fell for 21 runs, Cleef caught behind off the bowling of Mortaza. Is wasn't long before our other opening bowler got on the scene as he removed Kevan in the same fashion. The very next over Brennan was bowled lbw by Mortaza. The opening bowlers had made a fantastic start and a victory was starting to look possible. At the lunch break my young off spinner had managed to grab a wicket in his second over and MCC were floundering on 82/4

Lunch 82/4

Mutch 25* Mortaza 2-31
          Duncan 21 Hasan 1-11

The next session went the same way as the first as my bowlers carried on their momentum. The next wicket to fall was Mutch, lbw off the bowling of Rasel. Then some good fortune as a bouncer hit Wilmot on the chin and he had to retire hurt. There was a stand of 45 between Austerfield and Gray but the latter then went as he edged to a ripsnorter of a ball to third slip. They steadily added to the score board before tea but lost a further 2 wickets.

Tea 180/8

Austerfield 39 Hasan 3-35
          Mutch 24 Rasel 2-48

With only one wicket to get due to the retired Wilmot the MCC's last two men put on a partnership of 51 to frustrate my bowlers as they pushed to a respectable 222 all out.

With just over an hour of play left I enforced the follow on but this time it was a little different as the MCC showed some resilience and ended the day with the loss of only one wicket.

End of Day 55/1

Cleef 22 Hasan 1-5
          Kevan 21*

Day 3

We started the third day how we had started the previous two days and took another early wicket. Brennan back in the hutch for 9 as Rasel bowled him lbw. A little fightback was then witnessed by the small crowd at Lord's as the MCC pushed there way to 130 for no further loss with 2 overs left until lunch. Then Hossain and Mortaza turned the probable outcome of the game from a draw to win for Bangladesh as they each took a wicket in their last over before lunch, Kevan going 2 shy of his half century.

Lunch 131/4

Kevan 48 Hossain 2-44
          Mutch 38 Hasan 1-5

With Wilmot not joining in for the second innings we again only had to get 9 wickets to win the match. With 4 already back in the pavilion it did not take long to get the other 5. The first came in the first over after lunch, Mortaza trapping Austerfield lbw for a duck. The wickets kept tumbling and the MCC only managed 53 runs for their last 4 wickets to give them 185 all out and us an innings and 12 run victory!!

My MOM - T Iqbal

A terrific victory in which the whole team played well. It was great preparation for the two test matches against England which are next to come. I am not looking for to much out of these games, just that we play well and stay competitive. After this showing I think we are definitely capable of that!!
          Last edited by CanaryAsh6; 12-23-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

The warm-up for the first test against England came as a three day friendly against the MCC. I decided to keep most of the World Cup squad and brought in a few youngsters who were playing well in First class cricket back home . Among the changes was a 17 year old opening batsman and a 19 year old off spinner as my spinning line up was not strong at all. The full team for the game are as follows

I kept my 100% record with the toss and decided to bat on a juicy surface for batsmen

Day 1

We started gingerly with the bat and both openers looked a little nervous, especially the 17 year old. Nerves got the better of him as he edged one and second slip took a good diving catch which left us 18/1. Ahmed's namesake replaced him and him and Iqbal steadied the ship until Ahmed played at a wide one and second slip took his second catch of the morning. Hom came in at fourth and him and Iqbal batted there way to the lunchbreak without further loss and at a good pace.

Lunch 98/2

Iqbal 60* Foyle 1-11
            Hom 14* Gray 1-31

After lunch both batsmen carried on from where they left off until another one of my batsmen got in and then got out, this time it was Hom. We were 104/3 and the match was well poised. Islam came in and proved he can play at this level! Him and Iqbal stroked the ball round the park and are score was moving at a fast rate. They managed a 110 partnership with Islam reaching his half century and Iqbal accelerating to a well deserved 100! The partnership was broken just before the tea break as Islam played all round one from a Henshaw ball, lbw the verdict.

Tea 241/4

Iqbal 129* Henshaw 2-45
            Islam 56 Foyle 1-47

The tea break did nothing for the MCC bowlers as the runs kept flowing, this time it was Al Hasan and Iqbal doing the damage. Al Hasan flowed towards his half century and didn't stop there. With an hour to go the two batsmen upped the tempo and the runs kept coming. The bowlers had no answer and at the end of the day Iqbal had reached his double hundred and Al Hasan was agonizingly close to his century. A great day with the bat after an average start, Iqbal showing what a class player he is going to be! The thought of declaring was there but I wanted to see if Al Hasan could reach a tonne.

End of Day

Iqbal 218* Henshaw 2-89
            Al Hasan 94* Foyle 1-47

Day 2

It was just a matter of time before Al Hasan reached 100, it took him 1 over, the end of which saw the declaration made.

With a great lead on the board are bowlers showed the same confidence are batsmen had done on the first day. The first wicket fell for 21 runs, Cleef caught behind off the bowling of Mortaza. Is wasn't long before our other opening bowler got on the scene as he removed Kevan in the same fashion. The very next over Brennan was bowled lbw by Mortaza. The opening bowlers had made a fantastic start and a victory was starting to look possible. At the lunch break my young off spinner had managed to grab a wicket in his second over and MCC were floundering on 82/4

Lunch

Mutch 25* Mortaza 2-31
            Duncan 21 Hasan 1-11

The next session went the same way as the first as my bowlers carried on their momentum. The next wicket to fall was Mutch, lbw off the bowling of Rasel. Then some good fortune as a bouncer hit Wilmot on the chin and he had to retire hurt. There was a stand of 45 between Austerfield and Gray but the latter then went as he edged to a ripsnorter of a ball to third slip. They steadily added to the score board before tea but lost a further 2 wickets.

Tea

Austerfield 39 Hasan 3-35
            Mutch 24 Rasel 2-48

With only one wicket to get due to the retired Wilmot the MCC's last two men put on a partnership of 51 to frustrate my bowlers as they pushed to a respectable 222 all out.

With just over an hour of play left I enforced the follow on but this time it was a little different as the MCC showed some resilience and ended the day with the loss of only one wicket.

End of Day

Cleef 22 Hasan 1-5
            Kevan 21*

Day 3

We started the third day how we had started the previous two days and took another early wicket. Brennan back in the Hutch for 9 as Rasel bowled him lbw. A little fightback was then witnessed by the small crowd at Lord's as the MCC pushed there way to 130 for no further loss with 2 overs left until lunch. Then Hossain and Mortaza turned the probable outcome of the game from a draw to win for Bangladesh as they each took a wicket in their last over before lunch, Kevan going 2 shy of his half century.

Lunch

Kevan 48 Hossain 2-44
            Mutch 38 Hasan 1-5

With Wilmot not joining in for the second innings we again only had to get 9 wickets to win the match. With 4 already back in the pavilion it did not take long to get the other 5. The first came in the first over after lunch, Mortaza trapping Austerfield lbw for a duck. The wickets kept tumbling and the MCC only managed 53 runs for their last 4 wickets leaving us with an innings and 12 run victory!!

My MOM - T Iqbal

A terrific victory in which the whole team played well. It was great preparation for the two test matches against England which are next to come. I am not looking for to much out of these games, just that we play well and stay competitive. After this showing I think we are definitely capable of that!!

Comment

Working...
            X