Icc 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icc 2011

First off i'd like to say thanks so far the game has been brilliant i've spent many hours enjoying a good game of cricket on here best of it's kind.

However, I think maybe a few improvements may make it more interesting.

Coaching - Maybe change the categories under bowling coaching to things such as : Variety, Slower ball, Inswinger, Outswinger, Yorker, Leg Cutter, Reverse Swing, Line and length (like accuracy so this doesn't matter), Run up (lower chances of no balls), speed or power training to add to the speed you can bowl at, etc etc FOR medium pacers seamers and fasties etc.

Maybe - Variety, Arm ball, Googly line and length/accuracy, doosra, and what not for the spin bowlers.

Batting coaching - Now maybe add a training schedule for cuts & pulls, drives, slog, sweep, timing (obviously to time your hits better) Strength (obviously hit harder) and maybe running.

Maybe add a mental coaching? so say like mental coach to help the players deal with being hit for 6 or hit a few times and start losing their line and length mental coaching can help deal with this?

add speed of deliveries? I like the eagle eye add to it btw
    Add maybe snicko?
    add hot spot?

Add better commentary

Maybe add the review system where you get to choose whether or not to use it, but obviously wont show snicko or hot spot or eagle eye before you have the chance so you're risking it?

The game's great as it is but these are just a few suggestions I thought would add to the enjoyment, please join in with your input, don't hold back from taking this to parts and pointing out faults

edit: before I forget, coaching stamina - helps the players (if they're fit ofcourse) combat some weariness?

edit 2: maybe a fielding coach too? so maybe catching, diving, throws?
    Last edited by JamesGod; 12-21-2010, 11:31 AM. Reason: adding more suggestions

Nice suggestion but before going for coaching improvement First priority is
    to STATS then only other features are required
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

Comment

Sorry, i knw this is a old post but i was searchin 4 exactly this type of a post...@jamesgod-ya i agree wit all those suggestions...but i wud like to ve all this in an attribute manner....like the ones in the soccer management games...it helps u distinguish between players n pick ur team accordingly depending on the atrributes...and i wud defintely love to see a biography section as getting to read abt a players bio makes playin the game more satisfyin...cuz wen u pick a youngster n make him grow into a great player and wen his stats just vanish it kinda hurts...ya n i wud def like to ve more coaching options as rightly said above..to train the less perfect players to some extent...just hope these tins do come around in icc at some point of time..

Comment

Some More Ideas

There are a few more points that i would like to suggest:

1) Let the user decide which of the player from his team needs to retire and when. There have been instances where a player in top form was not available for selection in the next season as he has suddenly retired. Subsequently, all his records disappear too.

2) Introduction of Duckworth Lewis system in One Day and T20 matches that are affected by rain.

3) The ability to view the records of a career over the year. For example, if a player debuted in 2000, we should be able to see how his performance was in 2000, 2001, 2002 till the current year.

4) The Win-Loss Record of the Captains should be stored.

5) Ability to organize Triangular and Quadrangular One Day Series. The One Day series that we currently have involve mostly 2 teams.

I would neverthesless purchase ICC 2011. However, it will be great if the above ideas are incorporated as well

Comment

a minor suggestion but it would be good to be able to see series stats, for example where you can change it to career, current, last year, last year+1, being able to see the current series stats would be helpful

Comment

I would like to suggest one improvement which might be easy to implement.

With lbws, it's always easy to predict when the lbw will be given out, because there's a pad-sound. When it's not given out, there's no pad-sound. Is there a way to either always have the sound, or never have the sound? This way, it takes the tension out of waiting for the decision!

Comment

Here's a really easy suggestion. Sometimes when you press 'Continue', you don't want to jump all the way to the next game. How about being able to either have the option to jump one day at a time, or to be able to specify the date to jump to.

Comment

Originally posted by goodfriend2009 View Post
                5) Ability to organize Triangular and Quadrangular One Day Series. The One Day series that we currently have involve mostly 2 teams.
                I'd like the ability to organise whatever series I want...Test, ODI's 20/20 instead of having to deal with what the game dishes up.

Comment

I've been playing ICC for a number of years, and I would put these four things forward for improvement.

1) Stats - cricket is a stats orientated game, and the more stats the better
                  2) Rain delays/DL method - It's a bit poor that it never rains in OD games, and I think that would improve the game quite a bit and add plenty of realism
                  3) Associate nations/ World Cricket League - It would be a really nice touch to play with associate nations and would add lots of depth to the game
                  4) Ability to organise own tours - rather than what the game throws up, it would be nice to organise and/or negotiate our own tours and series

I've had a look at the demo of cricket coach which has most of those things, but I think that ICC is a much better game that could be improved by adding that little bit of realism, and depth with the ideas above.

Comment

another thing i would like to see added is an option when picking your squad, to pick your last squad of that match type...
                    for example when picking your test squad, you could just choose to pick the same squad as the last test tour, and it autofills
                    would make it a lot easier for when you have different squads for all 3 formats and you need to go and remove and add all the players again remembering who was in the squads, gets a bit annoying

Comment

While the ability to manage a county and an international side simultaneously is a major selling point of this game, I feel it could be handled better.

At the very least, you need to be able to access both squads at all times. Currently your county squad is completely taken out of your hands about a week before an international. You can't even see it, let alone make decisions regarding it.

Why shouldn't the player be able to select and train his county team, even during an international, but at least in the week before one?

Ideally I would like to have the option of playing both games, even if they occur simultaneously, even with the 'time-loop' anomaly this would create. Just report the county game(s) as 'to be decided' until the international is finished.

Comment

I'd rather not play both the game but more control of your domestic side is required; at least the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by alexholowczak View Post
                          I would like to suggest one improvement which might be easy to implement.

With lbws, it's always easy to predict when the lbw will be given out, because there's a pad-sound. When it's not given out, there's no pad-sound. Is there a way to either always have the sound, or never have the sound? This way, it takes the tension out of waiting for the decision!
                          This is huge, for me.

Also, is it possible to have throws come in to the non-striker's end? 99.9% of the time, fielders return the ball to the keeper's end, even when they (the fielders) are closer to the bowler's end AND THE BATSMAN IS NOWHERE NEAR THERE :P

I don't think Childish Things can use the D/L method, since the formula is copyrighted by Messrs. Duckworth and Lewis. Then again, I'm not sure how the game can use the real names (and statistics) of international players when many other cricket games cannot.

Lastly (for now), can we have better crowd noises? It's disconcerting playing a World Cup final when a six is greeted with a lazy cheer and one or two handclaps.

Comment

Some great points here, and timely reminders.

Comment

Actually, out of curiousity, how CAN your game use real names and real statistics, when many other cricket games have to bend over backwards just to use England and Australian players?

Comment

Working...
                              X