ICC 2011 Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICC 2011 Improvements

1. A good improvement would be that you are able to view past players (and players that have retired during the game) old records. I Would love to compare my players to the past players records.

2. Bowlers speed (in MPH & KMPH). Seeing how fast new young bowlers bown would be useful.

3. Height and Weight of all players.

4. Be able to take control of non-test playing nations like Ireland, Scotland and Holland and after doing well enough be able to play test matches, also if teams underperforn and hardly ever win e.g Bangledesh, they should lose test match status.

5. If you incorparate the above, you could stage tournaments like the ICC Intercontinental Cup and world cup qualifiers

6. Bring in the ICC Champions Trophy and ICC awards at the end of the year.

7. Bring in the South African domestic competition and maybe IPL if done realisticly.

8. One problem is that about 5 or 10 years into my career, test playing batsmens averages are not that high (most of then cant average more than 30 but yet seem to do well against me). This is proberbly because the bowlers take wickets at less than 20 a go. Other test matches that my team are not involved in should be more realistic.

9. Being able to name a captain and vice captain before the season starts.

10. Picking an A team to play against a touring team, and too take on tours.

11. A screen to to assign batting averages to batting positions, e.g a batsmen could AVG 50 at no.3 and 25 at no.6

I think these could make it a more addictive game than it already is.

Some really good ideas here, some of which have already been voiced, but that's a good thing as the devs will take more notice. In my opinion the most important thing is getting the non-test nations incorporated, but you raise a very valid point in terms of batting averages. Extending onwards from that, I find it strange that some batsmen play 50+ tests with a batting average of under 25 as it just wouldn't happen in real life.

Comment

A Few More Ideas

There are a few more points that i would like to suggest:

1) Let the user decide which of the player from his team needs to retire and when. There have been instances where a player in top form was not available for selection in the next season as he has suddenly retired. Subsequently, all his records disappear too.

2) Introduction of Duckworth Lewis system in One Day and T20 matches that are affected by rain.

3) The ability to view the records of a career over the year. For example, if a player debuted in 2000, we should be able to see how his performance was in 2000, 2001, 2002 till the current year.

4) The Win-Loss Record of the Captains should be stored.

5) Ability to organize Triangular and Quadrangular One Day Series. The One Day series that we currently have involve mostly 2 teams.

I would neverthesless purchase ICC 2011. However, it will be great if the above ideas are incorporated as well

Comment

Originally posted by The_Hoff View Post
        8. One problem is that about 5 or 10 years into my career, test playing batsmens averages are not that high (most of then cant average more than 30 but yet seem to do well against me). This is proberbly because the bowlers take wickets at less than 20 a go. Other test matches that my team are not involved in should be more realistic.
        This has been a persistent problem in recent versions of International Cricket Captain, and it's one of the most fundamental flaws in the game. A lot of the things in your list are things that would definitely add value to the game, but getting rid of this imbalance would possibly be the most important improvement.

I'm currently playing ICC 2009 (which is the one I have installed on this machine), but the experience is much the same in 2010 as well. Batting averages for good-quality batsmen at test level are about 10-15 points below where they should be. It's a bit silly that once you get a decade or two into the game, the top ten players in the world mostly have averages of around 35 or 40.

Another effect of the imbalance is that you get heaps of county bowlers who take bucketloads of wickets at really low averages, season after season, but never get a test cap.

Comment

Ideas

I can see how the non-test playing nations idea would be hard, but simple ideas like height and weight, bowlers speed and past players database could be easy to incorparate.

Comment

Working...
          X