Ties in elimination matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ties in elimination matches

Has anyone ever had a tie in an elimination match (any version of ICC)? How does the game resolve them?

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
    Has anyone ever had a tie in an elimination match (any version of ICC)? How does the game resolve them?
    yes
    The team with most wickets remaining wins.
    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

I've had a few and yes it's on wickets remaining... I've never lost on wickets remaining though.

Really in T20 it should be either a super over or on 6s scored, then a bowl-off but it changes faster than Australia's spinner.

In ODIs isn't it just a bowl-off?

Comment

I don't suppose anyone knows what happens next if both teams've lost the same number of wickets.

Comment

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
          I don't suppose anyone knows what happens next if both teams've lost the same number of wickets.
          Not got the slightest mate, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
            I've had a few and yes it's on wickets remaining... I've never lost on wickets remaining though.

Really in T20 it should be either a super over or on 6s scored, then a bowl-off but it changes faster than Australia's spinner.

In ODIs isn't it just a bowl-off?
            ODIs they don't have anything to determine the winner - it just stays as a tie.

Wickets remaining is what is used and is extremely irritating - I've lost a couple of times on it.

Can't remember what happens if wickets remaining is the same

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
              ODIs they don't have anything to determine the winner - it just stays as a tie.

Wickets remaining is what is used and is extremely irritating - I've lost a couple of times on it.

Can't remember what happens if wickets remaining is the same
              But in a knock-out it can't be a tie.

Comment

Don't the tournaments in ICC10 have a net run rate on their ladders? Or is that just in the domestic leagues, i thought the odi world cup in it had this.

Comment

Working...
                X