Rebuilding Australian Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ODI Australia vs SL

Australia made some changes in the line up. S Smith and Hastings were in, replacing B Cutting and D Bollinger. Ponting replaced C White. Rest of the team was same.
    SL won the toss and put Australia to bat.
    In the 5th over, Australia lost Khawaja at a total score of 24. In the 19t over P Hughes was given LBW after a brilliant 65. Australia's total at that stage was 109. Ponting made 40 and was bowled in 28th over and in the next over M Clarke departed after making 39.
    Hussy made 37 and in 38th over Australia was 5/222.S Smith played a good inning in the final overs and made 75 of 51 balls. Hastings made 46* of 35 balls and Watson made 21* of 8 to make Australia's total 7/349 in 50 overs.
    In reply SL again made a good start and they scored 53 in just over without any loss.
    In 7th over M Johnson got the wicket of Tharanga.In the 10th over McKay got an important wicket of Sanga and SL was 2/79 in 10 overs.In 20 overs SL was 2/141.But in 24th over Hastings got 2 wickets. Both Mathews and Jayawardene were sent back after making 60 and 42 respectively.In 33rd over SL lost 5th wicket and required rate was still around 7 an over.36th over almost decided that SL cant win when Johnson 2 wickets including Dilshan who made 52. Within 2 overs Smith got 3 wickets to bowl out SL and thus Australia won the match by 77 runs.Smith and Johnson took 3 wickets each while McKay and Hastings took 2 each.McKay was however very expensive and gave away 80 runs in his 10 overs.
    S Smith was man of the match( good to see him performing with bat and bowl before Ashes)
    Last edited by Kevin Hedger; 11-23-2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

2nd ODI Australia vs SL

Australia made no change this time.
      SL won the toss and decided to field first.Australia made a good start. Khawaja made 39 while Hughes made 27. Australia was bowled out in the 50th over. A Mendis took 5/53. Ponting scored brilliant century(130 of 112 balls) while Clarke score a fifty to set a target of 321 to win.
      Hastings and McKay shared the new ball and they got rid of SL openers in the 3rd and 4th over of the inning.SL batsmen were playing rubbish shots to make their task even more harder and as a result they were all out in just 26th over and Australia won the match by 163 runs. Everyone bowled well from Australian side.Watson got 3 wickets while Smith and McKay got 2 wickets each.
      Quite unrealistic result. A result that is possible only in a game and I dont think it is easy to beat SL so easily. And in real life SL actully won this ODI series and made a history but in game it is a different story.
      Last edited by Kevin Hedger; 11-24-2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

3rd ODI Australia vs SL

Just wanted to finish this series in a quick so I can focus on the Ashes
        Once again no change in Australian team.
        This time SL decided to bat after winning the toss. Sanga gave a good start to SL by score 47 but rest of the team failed again. Smith and Johnson did extremely well with the ball.Johnson took 4/41 and Smith had the same figures as Johnson(4/41). SL was bowled out again before 50 overs.This time they managed to bat till 47 over and made total of 185 runs.
        The target was not as easy as it looked.RUns were hard to come. Once again Ponting played a key role and made 77* to get target in 46th over. Khawaja made 39 again and Hussy was the other prominent run getter with 33*.

An excellent result for the series 3-0.It was much necessary to win that series in order to lift the confidence. Over all it was a good series for Ponting, Clarke, Khawaja and Hussy. Hughes scored one fifty to have his chances for the upcoming Ashes. S Smith was very impressive as he delivered both with the bat and bowl and now Australia feel confident to have him in the team as a bowling all rounder.
        Last edited by Kevin Hedger; 11-24-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

The ashes 2010-11

Big series ahead and Australian squad will be selected from the following players.
          P Hughes
          S Katich
          P Jaques
          U Khawaja
          R Ponting ( Captain)
          M Clarke ( V Captain)
          M Hussy
          M North
          M Cosgrove
          B Haddin
          S Watson
          S Smith
          J Hastings
          M Johnson
          C McKay
          D Bollinger
          P Siddle
          N Hauritz

* Hilfenhaus is not included in the list because he is injured..
          T Copeland and B Cutting are doing well in DOmestic cricket but are not considered for the Ashes. If anyone think of a player that should be the part of Australian team for Ashes plz feel free to say it.
          Last edited by Kevin Hedger; 11-24-2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

McDonald is a gun for me so I suggest thinking about him. Also I reckon you should give Xavier Doherty a go if you win the ashes with a test or 2 spare and the pitch takes spin. It would be interesting to see if he's any good in the game (though probably not). Just a thought.

Comment

Australian Squad for the First Ashes

Sorry for a bit delay in the story actually I play this game when there is nothing else to do and now a days my fun time is spent in watching the Ashes . Got the tickets and even watched the test match live in the stadium.
              Any ways as the 1st Ashes test is heading towards draw so I think it is the right time to see what happens in my save game.
              Following 12 were selected by the selection committee.
              P Hughes
              U Khawaja
              R Ponting (Captain)
              M Clarke ( V Captain)
              M Hussy
              S Smith
              S Watson
              B Haddin ( Keeper)
              J Hastings
              M McKay
              D Bollinger
              P Siddle
              Last edited by Kevin Hedger; 11-29-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

First Ashes Test

S Watson was the 12th man in the First Ashes.
                Day1
                Australia won the toss and decided to bat first. Anderson got rid of Khawaja in the first half an hour. Australia was one down for 21, Khawaja could make only 7. At a score of 33 Onions clean bowled R Ponting who made just 3.At lunch Australia was 2/125 , Hughes was in a great touch and was just 8 short of his century.S Smith was on 22*.
                After lunch Australia lost Smith who made 32(83) while Hughes continued his fine inning and completed not only his century but also 150. He was on 194* of 156 balls with 31 boundries in his inning so far.Meanwhile M Clarke also played well to complete his 50.
                After tea, England made come back when Sidebottom took two wickets in two balls. Clarke made 75 while Hussy got a duck. J Hastings came as a night watchman and played well to remain unbeaten at stumps on day 1. It was all about Hughes on day one. He remained unbeaten on 277* at the close of day's play with a strike rate of 115 that helped Australia to score 433 in just one day.
                Day 2
                Australian dominance continued. Hughes finally got out after making a brilliant 308. But it was Hastings who was the star of the first session. He remained unbeaten on 85*. After lunch England bowled out Australia. Hastings made his first test century and was out after scoring his maiden century and in fact it was a century on debute.Australia scored 587 runs in the first inning and was in a very strong position to win the match.England made a positive start and scored 51 runs in the remaining session for no loss.At the end of day 2, England gave a strong reply and was 177 for no loss. A Cook was on 82* and Strauss was 80*.
                Day 3
                Australia got rid of A Cook in the very first over of Day 3. Two overs later, A Strauss was retired hit( Really bad luck, he was looking good for hundred).Two new batsmen were on crease and Ponting used full aggressive field and finally got another wicket in that session and that too was of the danger man K Pietersen who scored quick 43. Collingwood tried to play some quick shots and as a result lost his middle stump just before lunch.England was 3/297 at lunch. England was all out after lunch on day 3 and they were still 40 runs short to avoid follow on.S Smith took 3/97 while McKay,Bollinger and Hastings took 2 wickets each. Ponting enforced follow on.
                With A Strauss already retired hurt it was a tough task for Englisg batsmen to save this match. Bollinger and Siddle made it more difficult by getting a wicket each before tea on day3.England was 2/22. At this time Collingwood and Bell batted well to take England on 2/143 at stumps.
                Day 4
                At the start of 4th day, England was still 97 short to avoid an inning's defeat.In the first session, S Smith got rid of Collingwood,Bell and Prior. At the end od this session, England managed to avoid an inning's defeat and took the lead of just 4 runs. At the bottom, Broad batted well and scored a well deserved fifty and remained unbeaten on 61.
                England got a total lead of 68 runs. S Smith got his career best 6/142.
                Australia won the match by 9 wickets. Hughes made 33 while Hughes remained unbeaten on 26.
                It was a great sign for Australian cricket as new faces were performing. Hughes was just 22 and had estiblished himself as a key performer with the bat. S Smith and Hastings performed well as all rounders specially Smith who had proved his abilities with the ball as well.
                P Hughes was man of the match.

Last edited by Kevin Hedger; 11-29-2010, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Hughes has been abit disappointing in my game and Khawaja has been mental (took 11 tests for his average to drop below 100) he bats soooooooo slowly in my game though. Interesting you play Watto as 12th man, is that just because you don't like him? In my ashes series Watto won me the series batting at number 4, he made something like 5 hundreds and took 3 5+ wicket hauls.Had a mental series. I'm about a year and abit past that ashes series now though and Watto's bowling seems to have slumped alot, more noticeable in t20s and odis he gets spanked for 8-9 an over regularly whereas he used to be my goto man to slow down the run rate.

Comment

Watto is a great player and it is not that I hate him lolz
                    I am just trying to make a team which consists of new faces rather than the same old names.
                    In the first few seasons I will only take those senior players who will be performing really good to maintain their place. Watto did well so far but in a test side where I was playing with 4 seamers I needed an allrounder who would bowl spin. Smith was a better option for me and his performance proved my point.
                    Khawaja is without any doubt a slow starter but I am trying to improve his aggressiveness by giving him some tech training. Hughes is a gun player is my save game and that might make him future Australian captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Hedger View Post
                      Watto is a great player and it is not that I hate him lolz
                      I am just trying to make a team which consists of new faces rather than the same old names.
                      In the first few seasons I will only take those senior players who will be performing really good to maintain their place. Watto did well so far but in a test side where I was playing with 4 seamers I needed an allrounder who would bowl spin. Smith was a better option for me and his performance proved my point.
                      Khawaja is without any doubt a slow starter but I am trying to improve his aggressiveness by giving him some tech training. Hughes is a gun player is my save game and that might make him future Australian captain.
                      yeah he's still really good, but luckily he's been toned down from last year. In my ICC 2009 save he captained my team and finished with something like 30000 runs and an average of 100. He could also bowl pretty well.

Comment

2nd Ashes

A good win for England in real life and congratulations to all English fans for that. I am sure Australia will put a better effort in next matches altough they are under immense pressure.
                        Anyways Australia kept the same squad as the first match.Won the toss and decided to bat first.
                        Day 1
                        In the first session, Australia made 123 runs and lost only Hughes who made 77. Australia extended their lead by making another 81 runs in the post lunch session for the lost of Khawaja who made 42. Ponting was still not out on 57. At the end of day 1, Australia was 314/4. England made a good come back in the final few overs to get rid of Smith and followed by Clarke. Smith scored 83 while Ponting was still on 99*.
                        Day 2
                        149 runs were added in the first session of day 2 and Australia lost only Hussy who made 67 while Ponting reached 180* taking Australian total to 463.Hastings who scored century on his debute got a duck this time while Ponting missed his double century by 2 runs. England wrapped up the Australian inning after lunch and Australia had a massive first inning total of 529 to put pressure on England. Swann took 5/142 while Sidebottom took 3/54.
                        At tead England was 0/28.At stumps on day 2, England was 0/110. Cook was on 64*.
                        Day 3
                        At lunch on day 3, England took the total to 186 but they lost well set Carberry who played in place of Strauss. Carberry made 50 while Cook was still on 85*. At tea England was 4/274. England lost Bell, and Collingwood in that session while Cook was still steady on 139*.In the last session England denied the follow on and made 6/369. Cook finally got out after making 169.
                        Day 4
                        An excellent session for England in which Bopara and Swann provided a good partnership in lower middle order. Swann made 48 while Bopara was near to his century.
                        England was finally bowled out for 553, Bopara made 131. Smith took 4/190, MsKay took 2/49. England had a lead of 24 runs.The match was heading towards a draw.
                        At tea Australia was 0/16.
                        Australia tried to play aggressively to have some decent lead but failed and lost 4 wickets in the last session. Anderson took 3 wickets. Hughes was still there and was playing on 67*.
                        Day 5
                        On day 5, it was almost obvious that the match will end in a draw. Australia played aggressively in order to make match bit interesting. Hughes was on 166* while Australia had a lead of 275 and they still had 3 wickets in hand. After lunch Australia lost Hughes who made brilliant 177. Right at that moment declaration came in and Australia had only 285 to defend in those 2 sessions. England(infact I must say computer) was much more defensive in chasing 285. They just made 81 in that session and did not loose any wicket.
                        The match end in a draw.
                        In the final session Australia took 5 wickets, Cook and Carberry made 50's. Smith took 4/78 and Siddle took 1/2. P Hughes was man of the match yet again.

Last edited by Kevin Hedger; 12-07-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Help

I have recentley started a new australia story and i am having trouble uploading the print screens from the game.

Any help in this area would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Hoff View Post
                            I have recentley started a new australia story and i am having trouble uploading the print screens from the game.

Any help in this area would be much appreciated.
                            Go through the link below and I think it will be helpful. Good luck

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Alot.
                              Much Appreciated

The T20 World cup and the 5 ODIs against England will be up soon.

Are you playing your story on Normal mode, is so you are a much better player than me.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Hoff View Post
                                Thanks Alot.
                                Much Appreciated

The T20 World cup and the 5 ODIs against England will be up soon.

Are you playing your story on Normal mode, is so you are a much better player than me.
                                Not trying to devalue anyone or anything, but a lot of it has to do with luck. You chose the players, aggresion etc., but at the end of the day the computer just randomly spews out the code. That's a great thing though as it does it very realistically, unlike some other games out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X