Older ICC versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older ICC versions

I am a big fan of the ICC series,just like everyone else here.
    I have been playing ICC from last 8 years.I played ICC 2000 firstly,then ICC 2002 and so on.
    But now,i have lost those CD's.
    I really enjoyed the older versions,especially 2002.
    I never got the first & second version of ICC(1998 & 99),but have played the demos.
    I would like to play these games again in full version,and re-visit the exciting Tendular-Warne or Artherton-Donald rivaliries.But these versions are not available here,in India.And it is not possible for me to buy from UK(due to transaction & other problems).
    So,my request to the makers of the game is to release the older versions as freewares.It will delight the old ICC fans like me.
    If not freeware,even if you could make them available through digital download,i will surely buy even the 1998/99 version for £5 !
    If the moderators could pass this request to Chris Child or more fans could adjoin me,I think it is possible.
    Thanks.

We've had this request before, unfortunately there are legal issues now with games pre-2002, so we couldn't release it as freeware or for sale.

I think there was a big change in player rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      We've had this request before, unfortunately there are legal issues now with games pre-2002, so we couldn't release it as freeware or for sale.

I think there was a big change in player rights.
      Yeah, iirc in those games they had real logos and player photos, which are close to impossible now.

Comment

Originally posted by morgieb View Post
        Yeah, iirc in those games they had real logos and player photos, which are close to impossible now.
        It still would be pretty cool though. But ICC and ACC won't work on modern computers, you'd have to use Windows 98 or earlier.

Comment

ICC2002 plays perfectly well on Window 7 64 bit

I bought ICC2002 (for the fourth of fifth time) on Amazon for about £3.
          I am playing it on windows 7 64 bit. AMD Phenom 965 and 8 gigs on a GTX280
          At first I had an issue with the menu's not refreshing and "overlapping" each other and becoming a garbled mess.
          However, I updated to a newer version of .Net and that is now fixed.
          I've never come across a PC that cannot play ICC2002 (1.01) straight out of the box (yet - it will happen one day)

Until photos are back I will stick with 2002 (I know licensed photos cannot return, but the placeholders where you loaded your own in were a great feature, and after all, 15 seasons in, every player is a regen anyway.

It's not that big an issue. I play a season, during a game I notice that a side has a regen, I check him out ofter the game and give him another name and photo, takes 30 seconds, do it maybe 15 or 20 times a season)

60x70.bmp file named initial space surname. Rename the player in the game making sure you put a space after the initial, job done.

Scritty
          The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Working...
          X