No announcement yet.

Who should get MOTM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The computer possibly took into account the fact that it was Ian Bell.
    Were I a programmer, I would definitely write something in that would stop Ian Bell from getting hundreds, or in fact, even scoring runs in internationals. Or at least stop him scoring anywhere besides behind point on the offside. This would make the game more realistic IMO.

Comment

Thanks for that! Genuinely rather amusing.

I don't know much about Bell's RL history, so I can't comment on how annoying or disappointing he is (or where he scores/doesn't score his runs). But I had to chuckle a bit all the same, and that's fairly rare. And I like a giggle. So thanks again.

Comment

Quite surprised that it wasn't Stevie Finn. Bowling the whole team out in the second innings should deserve MOTM.

It really is a batsmans game
        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I would have thought that that was a no-brainer!
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
            Yeah, I would have thought that that was a no-brainer!
            It was, they didn't seem to use any brains.

Comment

Ok, who should get MoM, Joyce who scored 200 and a duck, or monty who took 8 & 6?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

That's a tougher one, but I would go with Joyce.
                World Serious Cricket

Comment

Monty - if Joyce had gotten out early you still had plenty of batting seeing as you declared with still 5 wickets left. His batting didn't win you the match - Monty's bowling did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                    Monty - if Joyce had gotten out early you still had plenty of batting seeing as you declared with still 5 wickets left. His batting didn't win you the match - Monty's bowling did.
                    Thats exactly what I was thinking, was a bit shocked when it was Joyce. From experience, I think if someone scores 200, they automatically get MoM unless someone beats their score

Comment

Monty takes that one for me.

Comment

It is a close one, but I agree about Monty. Double centuries happen several times a season, whereas 14fers are a bit more rare imo. Related to that, Monty performed in both innings. Joyce may have scored enough runs for two centuries, but he also had a big duck's egg fail against his name.

Comment

Working...
                        X