Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Contracts - WTF?

How does this work?
    I have 3 players in my squad who have been playing all England matches for 12 months, yet they are still not centrally contracted.
    What do I need to do for this to work?

It would be nice as England captain to be offered the job of setting Central Contracts.
    World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
      It would be nice as England captain to be offered the job of setting Central Contracts.
      Yes it would!
      Right now I have 3 regulars in my county side, yet am still paying their wages.
      One of them is set to go from current salary to well over £72,000 next season.....which I will not be able to afford.
      I thought England players were free?
      Another problem - even though in my last 12 months as England captain I have not used some of the players who I inherited at all - yet they are still centrally contracted!!!

EDIT.
      And to really rub salt into what is now a gaping great wound, one of the players I introduced to the England team from another county last summer IS centrally contracted - yet has played 4 fewer tests than the 3 playing for my county who are NOT centrally contracted.

I smell a nasty bug here.
      Last edited by neilwilkes; 08-02-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

IRC Childish Things decided not to be able to let people to choose there centrally contracted players because it could be abused by giving all the contracts to your county squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxslow View Post
          IRC Childish Things decided not to be able to let people to choose there centrally contracted players because it could be abused by giving all the contracts to your county squad.
          I see the point.
          Yet why do I have 3 regulars who are NOT given CC's when another player I introduced only in the summer IS given a CC?

Comment

It is something I've noted that we need to improve for the next release. I personally don't think we'd allow people running an England & county save to choose central contracts, but we can improve how the AI selects the CC's in that instance. I'd have no problem in allowing the user to contral CC's in an International only save, who knows, if we could, incorporating this with a bit more county rest for international players, might be good. Obviously there is some way between an idea and it's feasibility.

Comment

A limit on the number of central contracts to a county would work.

Comment

It is not easy to understand for common ICC user but it does make sense. Central contracts are given based on players batting and bowling points. Now as many of us are not aware of those, so it looks stupid, but it is not. Even if your player avg. 60+ he will not be given cetral contract if he does not have batting points better than those who have been given central contracts( does not matter even if CC players average around 30)
                It is because many big players are some what shacky at the start of their career but with the passage of time they become better.

Comment

Originally posted by CRICKET=GRU View Post
                  It is not easy to understand for common ICC user but it does make sense. Central contracts are given based on players batting and bowling points. Now as many of us are not aware of those, so it looks stupid, but it is not. Even if your player avg. 60+ he will not be given cetral contract if he does not have batting points better than those who have been given central contracts( does not matter even if CC players average around 30)
                  It is because many big players are some what shacky at the start of their career but with the passage of time they become better.
                  No, I am not having that.
                  The 3 players in question are ranked 1, 2 & 3 in the world in tests.
                  Admittedly, they are almost nowhere in 1-day, because I am crap at limited overs games. But numbers 1, 2 & 3 in the world should be centrally contracted. They are not.
                  A newer player from a different county that I also picked is in the top 20, and he got central contract - with less points, lower average & fewer tests played.

Comment

I dont think he meant points as in points on the rankings but the points developers give each player for certain attributes that we cant see

Comment

Originally posted by CRICKET=GRU View Post
                      I think he is right.
                      And DeadlyVenom has got his point that Central contracts are given based on the points developers give each player for certain attributes that we cant see. Looks more logical and makes sense.
                      You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

I have a Durham game going ATM in 2018, and I feel the central contracts are really stuffed up.

I am paying one of my English guys $124,500, he's yet to get a look in to the England team, and he's yet to get a central contract. He's an AR averaging over 40 with the bat, and around 28 with the ball.

I also have Onions, he's had a central contract since season one, he's continuously been playing for England, yet he doesn't even make my default side at the start of the season. When he plays for my county he gets absolutely wasted, yet he still plays for England and gets a central contract ahead of all my better bowlers.

All of my batsmen have 2nd team averages of 70 - 125, none of them have central contracts, while other counties have guys with 2nd team averages of 60, and they have central contracts. One of my batsmen is averaging over 50 in FC cricket, he played 12 tests at an average of 38, yet the whole of last season he didn't play another test. There are other batsmen on my save with test match averages of under 40, who are always playing for England.

Last season three people in my side were regularly away on international duty, yet only two of them end up with central contracts. I also have other guys ripping up the county scene and I'm paying them between 80k and 125k, yet they don't have central contracts, and aren't playing for England.

Pretty much can anyone tell me the official process of how the AI gives out the 13 central contracts???

Also on a side note, how exactly is the England team selected???
                        Is it completely on performance, or on ratings, or what???

Comment

It's exactly the same on my main game, and it means i'm always struggling financially because england use my players but don't pay for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
                            I dont think he meant points as in points on the rankings but the points developers give each player for certain attributes that we cant see
                            Then that is just plain stupid.
                            Simple as that.
                            I have had to let my best batter go because I cannot afford his wage demand - after the 3 year contract was up, his wage bill went to £250,000.
                            FC average was over 100, Test average was over 100.
                            Wages went from £26,000 to £250,000, with no central contract offered nobody could afford the wage bill, and the player is now lost forever.

Very, very angry about this stupid system, as it seems a Central Contract is based on luck, and attributes we have no control over - the best player in the country gets left off, yet a far worse one who I have dropped is still on a CC after not playing an international game for 3 years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by neilwilkes View Post
                              Then that is just plain stupid.
                              Simple as that.
                              I have had to let my best batter go because I cannot afford his wage demand - after the 3 year contract was up, his wage bill went to £250,000.
                              FC average was over 100, Test average was over 100.
                              Wages went from £26,000 to £250,000, with no central contract offered nobody could afford the wage bill, and the player is now lost forever.

Very, very angry about this stupid system, as it seems a Central Contract is based on luck, and attributes we have no control over - the best player in the country gets left off, yet a far worse one who I have dropped is still on a CC after not playing an international game for 3 years!!!
                              250,000 salary shows that ur batsman was having atleast 3500 batting points. Now if he has not the CC then other players would have better points than him.
                              That is not stupid, as in real life you do not have a control on players talent. All u can do is just to shine it a bit but a God gifted talent is one on which u have no control.
                              But it is really strange that ur player with such a class FC and OD averages did not get the central contract.
                              Certainly in ur game there are batsmen better then that particular individual.
                              Last edited by CRICKET=GRU; 08-09-2010, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X