42 - Wright
          49 - Prior

Bowling

24 - Anderson
          27 - Swann
          30 - Rashid
          35 - Harmison

Comment

• On to season two, Bangladesh up first, but I'm away for the next few days so there won't be an update for a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
              Thanks. Just because I'm interested, who gets selected often for you but doesn't for me. There is a few players I've had to leave out and I've only really managed to fit batting alternatives into the side, Denly and Moore the most recent to get tried out. Wish I had a Lions side for this.

Have you selected your long term keeper???

Edit: woooooo 200th post!!!
              The save i had for England got corupted for some reason so i can't remember what players in particular i used for that but i have now started another save with them. I have found Prior to be the best Keeper out there, hes averaging 39 with the bat with 3 hundreds and 3 fifteysand this after a poor start, and averaging 33 in ODI cricket.

I used mostly the tried and tested players for the west indies games and austrailia games but as i have found out before Collingwood and Bell are pretty poor and Flintoff isnt that good for me, but for the tours of South Africa and pakistan the team i used mostly was in tests:

Strauss
              Denly (dropped after the 1st test against pakistan)
              Pietersen
              Bopara
              Trott (moved up as an opener for two games and did ok)
              Patel
              Prior
              Swann
              Tremlett
              Onions
              Andersen

Ive had been playing Denly instead of Cook because he had been average for me in the past so i wanted to try different options.Also Monty and Mark Davies have played some games and i have also given Clare a debut. And Woakes,Dexter,Shah and Horton have been on the fringes of the squad

For the One Dayers i have mostly been using a team of:

Denly
              Prior
              Pietersen
              Bopara
              Trott
              Patel
              Clare
              Swann
              Broad
              Onions
              Andersen

I find that Broad does pretty well in One day cricket but not so well in Tests. Bresnan, Shah, Morgan, Benning and Malan have all got a handful of games and Rashid has been in the squad.

Results have been good after struggling with a draw against the West Indies 1-1 we won the ODI's 3-0, then got to the semi finals of the T20, then lost the Ashes 3-2 but it was very close in most games won the One day series 4-3, won the south Africa test series 3-0 with a new look side, the ODI's 3-2, tests against pakistan 3-0 and ODI's 4-1 the best thing about those Pakistan series was our batting first getting 304, 276, 293 and 294. Overall the team.

Pietersen, Trott, Strauss and Swann have been the key players in Tests but overall it has been a solid team except the other opening spot.
              And in One day Cricket Pietersen and Patel have stood out with all the bowlers bowling well.

Really good story, cant wait for the next update

Comment

• A tip for ODI's

start all batsmen on 5 bars, then at 25 runs put him up to 6. Then when he gets to 75 put him up again. after 45 overs put your batsmen on full agression. if you start really bad try starting on 4 bars

Comment

• I'd do that in 40 over domestic one-dayers, but I quite often start on 4 with some more aggressive batsmen in 50 over matches.

Comment

• Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• You will score 250 at least 9 times out of ten

Comment

• Well, in my opinion you shouldn't start too fast. I usually start with both on 3 or one on 3 and one on four. Occasionally 1 on 5 in the opposition is porr / have a big target to chase. The only time I would consider starting with them both on five or over is if I need to chase 300+

Comment

• That's why I far prefer chasing

Comment

• First Test

Condering the strength of the opposition a five man bowling attack was chosen. This does not mean a lack of batting depth though. With the pitch looking to favour all types of bowlers only one spinner was picked. Davies came into the side in place of Ambrose to give him a further oppertunity in the Test side. Moore is given another chance to prove himself after being unfortunate against Pakistan, getting injured on debut. He replaces the injured Cook. Bell is chosen ahead of Collingwood and Bopara ahead of Vaughan as they are more long term options.

England win the toss and chose to bat.
                            Moore was out early. Strauss(76) and Bopara(52) batted well but both fell just after lunch, along with Pietersen. Bell(53) and Flintoff(82) kept the runs coming but Bell fell late in the day. Davies(21) held them for a bit but after he and Flintoff were out the next morning England crumbled to 329.
                            By the end of the second day Bangladesh were 210/7 with Anderson and Rashid doing most of the damage. England took the new ball for the first over of the day, Anderson taking a wicket forst ball. Anderson took another wicket a few overs later before Flintoff finished off Bangladesh for 234 all out.

With a lead of 95 and plently of time left the Enlgand openers set out to bat. They dug in well with Strauss reaching 62 and Moore reaching his first Test Century before the close of play on the third day.

Bopara fell before the close with England three wickets down and 304 runs ahead. Pietersen was run out the next morning equalling his first innings score of 17. Bell reached 60 and Flintoff powered on to 42. England finished well with a last wicket stand of 57. While Anderson hewld one end Davies blasted 57 off 70 balls to give England a huge total of 491 to defend and leaving Bangladesh little ofver four sessions to reach it.
                            England started well with Anderson taking a wicket second ball. Flintoff followed it up, dimissing the other opener next over. By the end of day four Bangladesh had been reduced to 77/9. Anderson picked up the last wicket caught and bowled with the second ball of the morning. England winning by 412 runs.

England Man of the Match - Anderson, taking eight wickets in the Test, Anderson proved how deadly he can be and proved the catalyst for England to snatch a huge win.
                            Other Notable Mentions - Strauss, Moore, Flintoff, Bell, Davies, Bopara, Rashid
                            Poor Game - Pietersen
                            Last edited by Chasjs; 01-27-2011, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Second Test

Horton, Cobb and Plunkett came into the squad for the final Test to see how they cope at Test level. Plunkett returns after a long absense from the Test side while Horton and Cobb make their debuts. Moore and Bell drop out. As does Flintoff.

Bangladesh won the toss and chose to bat.
                              They didn't last very long, making 224 before being bowled out after tea. Broad the pick of the bowlers sealing a five wicket haul clean bowling the number eleven for a duck.

Rashid chipped in with two, as did Plunkett. Anderson took the other wicket.
                              Strauss went cheaply before the close of play. Horton and Bopara were both dismissed in the thirties. Cobb made a nervou start, taking 17 balls to get his first Test run on the stroke of lunch. He eventually went for 61 runs while Pietersen at the other end reached his century.

Davies didn't last very long, only making four. This lead to a collapse on the morning of the third day. England all out for 328, a lead of 104.
                              Bangladesh reached this total but could only add six more. Broad got off to a good start taking two wickets in his opening spell. Anderson, Bresnan and Plunkett each picked up one. Rashid sliced through the middle order taking five wickets.
                              England avoided any embarasement, wrapping the game up, without losing a wicket, within three days to seal the Series win.

England Man of the Match - Rashid, a constant threat. Maybe a little to expensive in the first innings but finished with amazing figures in the second.
                              Other Notable Mentions - Cobb, Pietersen, Broad
                              Poor Game - Strauss, Davies

Comment

• nice keep posting

Comment

Working...
                                X