No announcement yet.

Life is a Rollercoaster - England Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any tips for ODIs??? I'm terrible at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
      Anyone have any tips for ODIs??? I'm terrible at them.
      Get field at right positions and u will win most odi.

Comment

ODI's r damn too easy too win....

btw a good field setting will do...der r some places in fields if u set a fielder der u will get loads of run outs of the opposite team...try finding them....just near the pitch n so i guess...

n do bowl to the batesman weakness always

Comment

Originally posted by khiladi07 View Post
          ODI's r damn too easy too win....
          btw a good field setting will do...der r some places in fields if u set a fielder der u will get loads of run outs of the opposite team...try finding them....just near the pitch n so i guess...
          n do bowl to the batesman weakness always
          Also try to vary line and length of bowlers.

Comment

First ODI

The team chosen to play in the first game is fairly standard. Flintoff, Broad, Anderson, Harmison and Swann make up the bowlers. The top 4 almost picks itself. With Flintoff batting at 5 that just leaves 6 to be filled. Shah was chosen in the end.

England won the toss and chose to bowl while the weather was overcast.
            Flintoff made the breakthrough in the 5th over dismissing Hughes for just 2. Anderson then got Katich in his first over. Wickets continued to fall pretty consistently. Pointing and Clarke the only Australian batsmen to make good scores. The death Bowling was amazing. Seven wickets were taken in last ten overs of the fifty. Harmison was particularly impressive while Anderson taking Ponting in the 4st over was the real breakthrough. After that the Aussies crumbled and were bowled out for 243. Broad was a disappointment yet again though. His bowling was wayward and was very expensive.

The England innings got off to a good start. Strauss and Vaughan batted till the over 34 putting on 142 before Vaughan was caught on 79. Strauss fell shortly after for 68.

Pietersen followed for 3. From a comfortable position England were now in trouble. Bopara couldn't put the foot down and the run rate climbed. Flintoff batted well but couldn't get enough of the strike. England fell an embarrassing 34 runs short.

Australia win by 34 runs
            Man of the Match - Ponting
            England Man of the Match - Harmison for 4-36 in 10 overs. Pretty good figures.
            Other Notable Mentions:
            Vaughan, Strauss, Flintoff, Anderson
            Poor Game:
            Pietersen, Broad

Comment

Any tips on batting...???
              That didn't go too well.

The bowling was better than usual though, for me anyways.

Comment

Second ODI

Bopara has been dropped. He's not been in the best of form lately. I hope he builds up some form before the tour of South Africa though as I feel he'll be useful there. Rashid has been brought in. He gives the team another spin option for control and is in great form with the bat. With Bopara out the batting lineup has changed. Pietersen is moved up to 3 and Shah into 4 with Flintoff keeping the number 5 spot. Prior is promoted to 6 and Rashid comes in 7.

England won the toss and opted to bowl.
                The England bowlers started off even better this time, Australia only managed 15 in the first 10 overs. Broad got Hughes in his third over for 14 off 39. Around the end of the powerplay heavy cloud came in. It was Ponting's downfall, out for just 10. With the weather so good for pace bowling Harmison and Broad bowled out while Anderson and Flintoff only kept 5 overs between them behind for the end. Swann was introduced for the 36th over. Rashid came on from the other end and was quickly rewarded with his 3rd ball dismissing Katich for 47.

Swann caught and bowled Clarke. Australia on 112/4 with 12 overs left. Hussy went next over off Rashid. Australia collapsed completly to 159 all out, Rashid taking the last wicket to seal figures of 5-38.

England started equally as slowly as Australia. But it was just a case of Strauss settling himself in before lauching an attack on the Aussie bowlers, Vaughan happy to play the supporting role. Strauss reached his half century but was out soon after. Pietersen walked out determined to make up for his poor performance last time out, he hit 18 off 17 before Vaughan was out for 38 with the run rate now at 2.2 RPO. England slowed a little to cruise to their tagret to level the series with 7 overs to spare, always in control. In the end a pretty easy victory.

England win by 8 wickets
                Man of the Match - Rashid
                England Man of the Match - Rashid, great figures, but maybe a little expensive.
                Other Notable Mentions:
                Pietersen, Strauss, Flintoff, Harmison, Anderson, Swann
                Poor Game:
                I'd say nobody, not even Broad was that expensive and he still picked up his wicket.
                Last edited by Chasjs; 08-16-2009, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Any tips on batting...???
                  That didn't go too well.

The bowling was better than usual though, for me anyways.
                  I generally bat on 4 bars in ODIs and then move up to 5 bars once the batsman is settled. Where necessary or able, you can up the tempo in the later stages of the innings.

Comment

I generally bat on 4 bars in ODIs and then move up to 5 bars once the batsman is settled. Where necessary or able, you can up the tempo in the later stages of the innings.
                    Yeah, that's what I usually do if I'm batting first. If I'm chasing a low score I might start slower but sometimes even when a batsman is in I find it hard to accelerate the run rate if the required rate begins to climb. If I'm chasing a high score I usually set a higher mentality, but that often ends in tears.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I usually do if I'm batting first. If I'm chasing a low score I might start slower but sometimes even when a batsman is in I find it hard to accelerate the run rate if the required rate begins to climb. If I'm chasing a high score I usually set a higher mentality, but that often ends in tears.
                      Bat normaly till 20th overs then increase bar every 2 to 5 overs.

Comment

Get aggressive batsman for high run chase right at top.

Comment

here is a battin tip dont play m.vaughan one day games

Comment

here is a battin tip dont play m.vaughan one day games
                            Are you arguing with scores of 79 and 38, that's pretty good in my opinion. This year he's averaging 37.60 which is okay.

Comment

Third ODI

The same team was chosen from the last game. The conditions don't look too favourable for batting in the morning with heavy cloud and a pitch that will turn a bit.

England lost the toss and were put in to bat in ver cloudy conditions.
                              Strauss went second over from Johnson after a quick 11. England found it impossible to bat and the Australian pace bowlers relished the conditions. Flintoff and Swann salvaged some pride but England only survived to make 138 before being bowled out.

Despite an improvement in the weather England took early wickets but Australia kept up with the run rate. Flintoff, Harmison, Swann and Rashid were very tight but Anderson and Broad, again, were expensive.

Watson and Ponting were the stand out performers as Australia crusied to their target, reaching it with plenty of time to spare. The game was effectivly decided by the toss.

Australia win by 5 wickets
                              Man of the Match - Johnson
                              England Man of the Match - Flintoff, good batting display, tight bowling, lacked wickets.
                              Other Notable Mentions:
                              Swann, Harmison, Rashid
                              Poor Game:
                              Anderson, Pietersen, Prior

Comment

Poor perfomance by england.Australia just dóminating.Eng need some gud players.

Comment

Working...
                                X