The Golden Isles - A Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang on, this isn't a dream, is it?

Australia won the toss and chose to bat, in fairly good conditions. Rush got out early again (this time for two, he's showing signs of improvement!) but his opening partner Hughes made a nuisance of himself for the first time of what will likely be many. Clarke got a few before being bowled by Bravo, and Ponting and Jaques managed only 4 each. Watson, Haddin and Johnson each stayed in for reasonable periods with the sublime Hughes as well. On the bowling front, Martin was incredibly poor. His 31 overs led to 0 wickets, and the seamers did well, especially Roach (3/94) and Bravo (5/61), whereas Kelly only took the early wicket of Rush for 59 runs.

Our first innings was all about 2 men, Ade Barath (108) and Kevon Cooper (102). Apart from these two, Gayle scored 43 and Chanderpaul 36, and every one else scored under 20. Cooper and Barath were very good, and Cooper batted reasonably quickly and therefore gave the game almost definitely a result, and us a lead of 66.

This time around, it was Hughes' turn to go early, for only 3, LBW to Roach. Martin made up very nicely for his problems in the first innings, as Australia went from 131/3 to 178 all out due mainly to his 5 wickets.

In yet another chase that we almost ballsed-up, Gayle went for 6, Cruickshank for 3 and Sarwan for two. This time, the intensive net sessions paid off and Flokes and Cooper did not throw away their easy not outs to help their averages. (To think, I'm thinking about averages in a series I expected to get hammered in!)

Team News - Darren Bravo is back from injury, and just to try and close out this series in 3 matches, he comes in to replace Cruickshank. Kevon Cooper, who favours playing the seamers, will open, and Bravo is shunted down to 6.
    Last edited by Imager36; 03-12-2010, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• It was a dream. Back to earth for me.

Won the toss, batted. Almost instantly, we lost Cooper for 2. No-one really got going apart from Sarwan and Bravo (Darren), and even these two failed to really push on. The tail fell quickly, and Mitchell Johnson had donw his job for the aussies.

In terms of our bowling, no-one did particularly well. Roach took 6, but I bowled him a lot more than the others and he conceded his fair share of runs. Kelly and Bravo only got one each, and Martin took two without really threatening the Australian batting line-up.

Our second innings was worse than our first. Flokes, Gayle, Dwayne Bravo and Sarwan put up some resistance, but when Flokes top-scores, there is often a problem somewhere.

Kelly managed to pick up a cheeky wicket in Australia's 18 run reply, but a victory for them was certainly inevitable.

Team News - Martin is replaced by the slightly more aggressive Veersammy Permaul. Also, Wallace replaces Kev Cooper to create a 5-man attack.
      Last edited by Imager36; 03-14-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Congratulations on an awesome story, keep it up.

Comment

• I was just about to play a fifth test, then I realised that I hadn't posted the fourth one here from about a month ago. So here you go. I lost it, by the way.

Team News - In an interesting decision, the in form Kev McClean comes in for Kemar Roach.
          Last edited by Imager36; 04-10-2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X