bars in the games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bars in the games

what bars do you put the batting and bowling on in the formats of the game i.e test,ODI and T20

This is just what I do, to reasonable success.

Tests/First Class
    Batting - One or two bars to start with until the batsman gets into the 20s, then I move it up to three and see what happens from there. If the batsman has a decent strike rate or if the bowler has been hit for some runs I move it up another notch or two. With less than 30 minutes to go before a break I set it to two bars so that they can play defensively and not lose a wicket (I had a habit of losing wickets near the end of a session). Usually three bars works fine for most of the innings. If I'm playing for a draw, then one bar or sometimes no bars at all.

Bowling - I keep it at 4 bars unless the batsman has crossed 50. Bowl to their weakness.

One Day
    Batting - I start at three before moving it up to five. Six bars only when the batsman is well set. Maximum in the final 5 or 6 overs. If I'm chasing then about halfway through the innings I stop playing the full over at once and play each ball individually and set the aggression to maximum. If I meet the asking rate for that over, I bring down the aggression. It ends up being very similar to real life - hit a boundary the first or second ball and score singles for the rest of the over.

Bowling - I leave it at three bars throughout the innings but I change the field settings depending on how the batsmen are scoring. If I'm taking wickets sometimes I go a little more aggressive to see if any more wickets will fall. During the last few overs and batting Powerplay the batsmen tend to hit out and really nothing I've tried has been able to prevent that.

That strategy tends to work out fine for me. I win some, I lose some, but that's the game.

EDIT: Sometimes it pays to counterattack and bat aggressive from the start, but you need a couple good players to do that.
    Last edited by qpeedore; 06-12-2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

refer to game's manual for a general idea.
      however in time u'll find ur own best way of working arnd wid d batsmen n bowlers aggression meter, as it vry much depends on ur team in d game.

i too do most of d same things already mentioned by qpeedore.

whilst batting I give attention to d no of near misses n batsmen strike rate graph. it serves as my cue when i need to fiddle around wid d agrression settings.

whilst bowling, lower than 3 agrression bars has always been futile for me, coz i leak runs on tht setting eitherways, so whn i need to be defensive ill still have my bowlers's aggression on normal (3 bars) but employ a defensive field. for attacking options i will go for 4 or higher levels.

Also dont always just blindly follow d approach of bowling where u suspect batsmen will be weak at, as it doesnt always work. In cloudy conditions u'll be served best by pitching d ball up .. n if leaking runs, try other options of line/length over or around d wicket bowling.

Comment

Totally off topic, but I looked at this and thought "is this a reference to the antics that players get up to off the field?". There have been several incidences in Australian cricket (some in the last few years) where players have been "injured" and not available for a game due to alcohol related problems. Occassionally I wonder if that little "cold" that has made a player unavailable might not be a hangover...
        World Serious Cricket

Comment

Working...
        X