Too many injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many injuries

I've just started a game as Derbyshire. I've not decreased the physio budget but within a month five of the better bowlers are injured (and the two international players are unavailable). Is this to put off newcomers to the game? Let's face it, the game is difficult enough when you start out and you're bound to take some thrashings but this number of injuries seems somewhat unrealistic and will hardly encourage new players.
    Last edited by gooch; 05-27-2010, 04:04 PM. Reason: My mistake - I don't even know the name of my team!

It's just luck. I get the occassional injury, but haven't been swamped by them at all, and haven't had anything long-term yet. If it's bowlers, maybe you're overbowling them; try giving them a rest if they have low stamina.

Comment

I accept it may be luck - I certainly haven't been overbowling them as I always like to use five bowlers even in County games - anyway, they haven't been available to overbowl!

Comment

Nope, entirely bad luck on your part. And the physio budget has no effect (as far as I know) on the amount of injuries you recieve, it just helps recovery to be quicker once they return. Anyway, I didn't know Derbyshire had 5 better bowlers

Comment

It's partly luck. Players sometimes get injuries out of the blue or retire hurt batting. With fast bowlers though, it can sometimes be your own fault if you bowl them until the stamina bar is 0 they are occasionally injured.

I don't think that large amounts of injuries happen more often than it occurs in real life. Last season Lancs had about 4/5 quicks injured. We had to bring someone in on loan.

Comment

It's definitely pure bad luck mate!
            That's really tough. I've done a save where I went 2 seasons with only 1 injury, and then another one where I had an injury every 3-4 games. So its the random unknown part of the game.

And at the end of the day, having 5 bowlers injured in quick time can happen in real life too.
            The Aussies dropped like flies for a while last summer too (Lee, Hilfenhaus, Siddle, Hauritz (although he still played etc.))
            The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Well its not entirely related to Gooch's question but its some thing related to injuries.
              I think its quite funny that ur batsman or bowler got his arm broken and he gets out just for 3 weeks?
              he should be out for atleast 8 I think. It happened to me 2/3 times and I dont know whether it happens to others or not.
              You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Sometimes my batsmen get fractures from medium pacers. What is with that?!

Comment

Yeah I've had that. Still medium pacers bowl around 60-70mph and it's still a cricket ball.

Comment

It still happens way too often though.

Comment

Originally posted by habib View Post
                      Well its not entirely related to Gooch's question but its some thing related to injuries.
                      I think its quite funny that ur batsman or bowler got his arm broken and he gets out just for 3 weeks?
                      he should be out for atleast 8 I think. It happened to me 2/3 times and I dont know whether it happens to others or not.
                      Depends on the type and severity of the fracture. Although it hurts arm breaks are pretty slight, fingers tend to get worse fractures but heal better due to the size of the area and I believe they heal slightly better due to other factors.

Call it the law of large numbers, or bad luck as some call it.

Comment

Working...
                      X