England picking my players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England picking my players

i am playing with Sussex as county team and India as national team.
    after getting the captaincy of India i created a complete youth team for both Sussex and India.
    i dropped contract with all current players and contracted with new and under age 20 players.
    i worked on their skills for almost 5-6 years and now i have a great team which beats every national team which visits England
    but now England used to select about 6-7 players from my team and i remain with few good players
    is there any way that i can stop England picking my players?

Well... When England pick their team they will pick the best team they can. The best keeper, the best 2 openers, the best 4/5 bowlers and the best 3/4 middle order batsmen. If you have any players in this category they will be picked. Yes it's unlucky but that's what you get for having such a great side.

Comment

in that case i have to increase the size of team
      but then the problem comes of budget
      i have 22 player squad in which 1 is overseas player
      10 batsman 2 wk 2 all rounder and 8 bowlers
      this time i started new session and 5 of my batsman were selected to play in an overseas league so i have 17 players left
      i have to play county game with only 5 batsman + 1 wk + 4 bowlers and have to include 1 all rounder; still it's ok
      but now ome team is visiting England and they selected 4 of my batsman and 3 bowlers + the wk and the overseas player is also selected by it's team and out of 5 batsman being selected to play in an overseas league 2 are still there
      so i have only 3 batsman + 1 wk + 2 all rounder +5 bowlers to play my rest of the games
      too bad for me

Comment

One thing you could possibly do is use an international player who doesn't get selected for their country or the IPL, or make sure you give them a contract for the year that their country is not touring England

Comment

There is a gentlemen's agreement that England will not pick more than 4 players from any county if 2 or more are NOT centrally contracted (in which case they are paid for by England anyway, so cost you nothing)

It rarely happens in real life. England rarely pick from outside centrally contracted players - it would show that they have no idea who their best players were.

I think as England coach you should have at least a say if not total control over England CC players. In my game there is only one CC spinner, and he was injured for most of the season. I picked two spinners not CC'd and they performed fantastically. One taking 23 wickets in the series at under 27 runs each, the other only taking 14 wickets at 32, but also scoring 3 fifties batting at 9

They played the whole winter in India, both took at hat load of wickets - they then had 12+ tests each and excellent records.

Neither got a central contract.

That's just frustrating - even more if they played for my county side, I would lose them for every game with no compensation.

So let the player at least have a vote..or a quota (can choose say 4 players) or some-such. At the moment I feel at the mercy of a dodgy algorithm.

Scritty
          The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
            There is a gentlemen's agreement that England will not pick more than 4 players from any county if 2 or more are NOT centrally contracted (in which case they are paid for by England anyway, so cost you nothing)

It rarely happens in real life. England rarely pick from outside centrally contracted players - it would show that they have no idea who their best players were.

I think as England coach you should have at least a say if not total control over England CC players. In my game there is only one CC spinner, and he was injured for most of the season. I picked two spinners not CC'd and they performed fantastically. One taking 23 wickets in the series at under 27 runs each, the other only taking 14 wickets at 32, but also scoring 3 fifties batting at 9

They played the whole winter in India, both took at hat load of wickets - they then had 12+ tests each and excellent records.

Neither got a central contract.

That's just frustrating - even more if they played for my county side, I would lose them for every game with no compensation.

So let the player at least have a vote..or a quota (can choose say 4 players) or some-such. At the moment I feel at the mercy of a dodgy algorithm.

Scritty
            Agreed. Or at least make the algorithm better. The only argument against it happening is that people playing both County and International would be able to sign up all their most expensive players on CCs.

Also when your playing just on International mode at the start of the season you look at the squad selected and wonder who half of them are. They are regens who have been given a CC when you've not even noticed them yet never mind given them their England debuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
              Agreed. Or at least make the algorithm better. The only argument against it happening is that people playing both County and International would be able to sign up all their most expensive players on CCs.

Also when your playing just on International mode at the start of the season you look at the squad selected and wonder who half of them are. They are regens who have been given a CC when you've not even noticed them yet never mind given them their England debuts.
              It could be abused, that's why maybe a quota, or a vote system (like the selectors do in real life) might be better.

You could still abuse it - but to a far lesser extent.

One could argue that this happens in real life (even subconsciously by selector favouring their own county players)

Scritty
              The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Maybe a system where the CC players are picked from players who have made a certain number of games (1/3/5 whatever). Then you can choose to opt out of them (maybe have so many opt outs or a system where you put forward an alternative and the selectors have to agree with you).

Comment

what about a points system where players receive say

3 points -Per Test match played
                  2 points -Per ODI played
                  1 point - Per T20I played

at the end of the calender year the group of players with the most amount points is given central contracts.

obviously there is floors in this system such as what if a star player misses a large amount of games due to injury and does not receive points and what happens in the event of tied points.

but im sure some one is clever enough to tinker with it to make it work.

Comment

Working...
                  X