Fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixtures

These really need to be upgraded international-wise as i have just realised that it is a continuous 20 year loop. In the year 2029 the fixtures are the same as 2009 minus the world cup. This is not at all realistic and should be looked at very thoroughly.

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
    These really need to be upgraded international-wise as i have just realised that it is a continuous 20 year loop. In the year 2029 the fixtures are the same as 2009 minus the world cup. This is not at all realistic and should be looked at very thoroughly.
    I think that would be hard. The ICC messes (and I use the word messes deliberately) with the odious "future tours" program all the time.

In 20 years time we could all be playing China and Argentina, or West Indies could have dropped out of world cricket altogether.

Modelling a recurring 20 years of currently realistic cricket may not be a perfect "crysal ball" into the future, but it's better than trying to double guess what those numpty's at the ICC tours committee are going to do.

Scritty
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I think we should at least be able to edit fixtures if we are playing as an international team.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
        I think we should at least be able to edit fixtures if we are playing as an international team.
        I like this idea. After all this does happen. Not so much for tests, but individual boards decide on how many ODI's they will play, and whether or not to participate in some of the more marginal ODI and T20 competitions.

A good idea
        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
          In 20 years time we could all be playing China and Argentina, or West Indies could have dropped out of world cricket altogether.
          Hey now, don't go messing with my West Indies!

Comment

Originally posted by qpeedore View Post
            Hey now, don't go messing with my West Indies!
            Everyone's second favourite team the Windies - Like the Brazil of Cricket.
            Though with Mr Duckworth and Mr Lewis seemingly unable to get their hands of their pockets and come up with a decent T20 formula I'm sure the Windies will go from strength to srength (ahem - sorry - sour grapes and all that)

I think everyone wants Windies to do well. When Chris Gayle played at Worcester he was an immediate favourite (not withstanding he took over mid season from Aktar who was by far the most unpopular overseas player I can remember, blimey that bloke was hard work, off the pitch as well as on it)

Comment

when i was growing up the windies were an awesome side and i was always hoping they would become rubbish so england could beat them. now i feel really sad as they are often a poor side esp when their top players refuse to play.

just shows though, be careful what u wish for

Comment

Well they're rubbish and yet england still have trouble beating them. hope Aus beat Bangladesh and Afghanistan beat South Africa.

Comment

Working...
                X