Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Example of another 4th Innings Megasave

See the attachment.

4 and a half sessions to save the game. 1 star pitch in terms of both bounce and spin. Cloud cover for almost the whole 4 and a half sessions.

Jadeja and Shetty had taken in the three previous innings (this was the 2nd inning of the second test) were taking wickets at 12 each..in FAR more batter friendly conditions (and with me playing very cautiously)

Then this.

150+ overs to bat, but a really easy save. I've done 150 overs+ before and saved on minefields, against a side that has totally dominated, for the loss of two or three wickets.

Yes it does happen in real life, but If I put aggression to zero I can make it happen more often than not in ICC (If I put aggression to one they wouldn't have made 120 or lasted more than 60 overs).

Definately needs a balance.

There seems to be big "step" changes in aggression.

1 Bar. Struggle and lose wickets scoring at 1.5 an over
    Zero Bar. Easy match save with few wickets lost scoring at 1.4 an over

The opposite is true in ODI's

5 bars - Trouble scoring above 3.5 RPO - but pretty safe
    6 Bars Scoring at 8+ RPO and/or losing a wicket every 10-15 balls

These seem like big steps to me, and I play often enough to really see the pattern (and use it to win/draw etc) But it should be a lot subtler than this.

Sorry to moan. I do like this game :-)

I am trying to recreate my "all out - caught by close fielders in front of the bat" scenario.

I can get 7 very often caught short back sqr leg, Shr sqr leg or silly mid on - have all three fielders and bowl short with a bowler who swings it.

Slips never get a look in, these three take catch after catch with orthodox mid on - mid off taking the balance - just like what happens in village cricket with kids. I will post a vid on youtube of the highlights next time I get an eight or nine

Scritty
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scritty; 04-29-2010, 03:49 PM.
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Bars are not matter .

Shivnarine Chanderpaul or M Cosgrove is probably the best batsman in ICC .

S Chanderpaul has the best defense . Plays best at #3 position . Can bat all 50 overs .

Cosgrove is the best attacker(full aggression bar does not matter in ODI for him) . Let him play 25 balls with 3 bars . Then full it . He finishes with 170+ in One Day matches .

M Cosgrove plays at #3 position in my team .

Some players have good defensive skills but naive when attacking . Some players are good attackers but can't score when we play them defensively .

That's okay for me . Only thing I don't like is Sri Lankan MMS . Murralitharan , Mendis and Samaraweera . They are too good and very hard to win against them .

I bowled out Australia under 200 in all 3 matches with them .

Indian spinners are making me mad also . They are getting all the best youth batsman with 130,000 salary . Scoring 300+ very easily after that those spinners .

Comment

Working...
    X