2010 database update???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 database update???

Have the guys at childish things ever thought about giving us a 2010 data update for the current version?....just to keep us going until jun/jul when the new game is released?, it would be a nice treat as the new domestic season is now underway and playing with outdated squads doesnt seem quite right, maybe Aus or Sureshot could nudge Chris!!!!!
    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Ha - Unlikely, but you may as well have a go

It would severely cut on the number of people who buy the 2010 version, especially among those who do not like the new features especially or who think that it's always exactly the same but with a database update.

Comment

It would be nice, but all our efforts are going into the 2010 version at the moment. If we had the time we'd definitely consider it, but the team is very small and to get a release by June/July we'll have to be working completely on 2010.

Comment

especially among those who do not like the new features especially or who think that it's always exactly the same but with a database update.
        Oh ye of little faith.

We are promised feature additions this time (hopefully not just cosmetic ones)
        While I would like to know what some of these might be (I mean it;s nearly May now) I have all my fingers crossed that this will be the best ICC yet.

Mind you in 2034 (as far as I've got in ICC2009 - it plays far slower than ICC2002) it's all regens anyway, so I would not be interested in starting again with the right players.

Bring it on chaps...

Scritty
        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
          Oh ye of little faith.

We are promised feature additions this time (hopefully not just cosmetic ones)
          While I would like to know what some of these might be (I mean it;s nearly May now) I have all my fingers crossed that this will be the best ICC yet.

Mind you in 2034 (as far as I've got in ICC2009 - it plays far slower than ICC2002) it's all regens anyway, so I would not be interested in starting again with the right players.

Bring it on chaps...

Scritty
          We will be announcing news yet but I am very excited about this year's improvements, some inclusions that have been requested over the years and are finally coming in.

Comment

I'm hoping these would be quick fixes for the new ICC2010 edition?;

1) Bowler to not appeal (& umpire not to raise finger) when a batsman is bowled or caught in the slips

2) Fielding side and wicket-keeper to wear either caps of the colour of the team (or white wide-brimmed hats)

Comment

Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
              We will be announcing news yet but I am very excited about this year's improvements, some inclusions that have been requested over the years and are finally coming in.
              When will you announce the new improvements?

Comment

The day before release???

By the by, if you could release it on the 21st of June it would be an awesome Birthday present for me... I'd even be able to afford it assuming I get at least £20 in Birthday money...

Comment

Oh ye of little faith.

Scritty
                  I never said I considered myself part of that particular brigade, and I just hope we do get things... Aus and Sureshot seem quietly confident, at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                    I never said I considered myself part of that particular brigade, and I just hope we do get things... Aus and Sureshot seem quietly confident, at least!
                    ?? eh?
                    Sorry you've totally lost me.
                    What brigade? (if it's what I think it is - read my sig)

Scritty
                    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

?? eh?
                      Sorry you've totally lost me.
                      What brigade? (if it's what I think it is - read my sig)

Scritty
                      No, I would consider myself one of that brigade

I meant the 'absolutely nothing changes from year to year yet I still buy the game every year brigade'!

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                        No, I would consider myself one of that brigade

I meant the 'absolutely nothing changes from year to year yet I still buy the game every year brigade'!
                        Ah gotcha. No there have been quite a few changes. I'm not dead against any of them, (except the removal of user made BMP's) though most I'm ambivolent about.

ICC (the first) won't install on any machine I have now (neither will ICC2), so it's hard to compare. The fact I can sim a season in 2002 in half an evening (not autoplaying either - finger on spacebar most of the time though) and the fact it has user BMP's makes it a firm fave of mine)

No things change, generally for the better - but not at anything like a fast enough pace. BUt i'm hopeful after what has been said.

I'm not expecting miracles, just a good solid step in the right direction.

Scritty

Comment

Working...
                        X