problem when loading saved games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem when loading saved games

hello, i have aproblem when attempting to load a saved game.basiaclly i get the message 'unrecognized file format' when i attempt to load a saved game. how can i fix this and get the game to load, thank you.

Originally posted by David56 View Post
    hello, i have aproblem when attempting to load a saved game.basiaclly i get the message 'unrecognized file format' when i attempt to load a saved game. how can i fix this and get the game to load, thank you.
    Is this the first time the message has come up? Have you been able to load the said saved game previously without any troubles?
    Have you updated software on your computer recently?
    The last time you played ICC, did the computer or the game crash, resulting in a corrupt file? This can sometimes happen when a saved game file has not closed properly, thus next time you open it, the program recognises it as a 'live' file as opposed to a stored 'save' file.
    Has happened to me before, sometimes you can recover it, sometimes you can't, depends on the severity of it.
    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

I think the above post has hit the nail on the head, something has corrupted the save, what that is, could be many things, again the above post has mentioned some of them.

If you've noticed other files on your computer behaving out of the normal, I'd suggest a form of virus or spyware has caused some damage.

If you look in your saves files, is the save file(s) in question in the .cap/.cbk formats?

Where are the saved files located?

Windows Vista/7 = C:\Users Folder\User name or Account Name\appdata\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles \Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2008\Saves (Cap & Save File)/(Cap and Cbk file for Windows 7)

Note. If you open the Saves file and there are no CAP or CBK files showing in the Notepad then close the Notepad option and in the Tool Bar click on the Compatibility Files option, this will then display the CAP and CBK files you have saved.

Windows XP = C:\program files\ChildishThings\International Cricket Captain 2009\ Saves \ (CAP and CBK File)

Depending on the chosen installation path the drive identification letter will vary.

Comment

Working...
      X